2014 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 232015

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. While driving at a low speed, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the steering wheel seized. The check engine and ABS warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. While driving 45 mph, the brake pedal was depressed, but the vehicle failed to come to a halt. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact sustained minor bruises that required medical attention. The front passenger did not sustain any injuries, but required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed from the crash scene to an auto body repair center where the mechanic was unable to diagnose the vehicle based on the failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Marathon, NY, USA

Apr 042014

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the vehicle was hesitant while driving various speeds and was difficult to start. The contact mentioned that the instrument cluster flickered with various indicators illuminating, the radio shorted as well, the function buttons failed, and the vehicle jerked several times upon coming to a stop and stalled several times. In addition, the brakes made an abnormal noise when engaged. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times and the failure was unable to be replicated. In addition, while the vehicle was parked, the key fob failed to unlock the vehicle. The contact noticed dark fumes were in the interior of the windows, the door was opened, and flames were inside the vehicle. The fire department extinguished the fire. A police report was not filed, but the contact had a fire inspection report of the incident. The vehicle was unable to be driven due to the failure. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V043000 (fuel system, gasoline). The vehicle was towed to a dealer by the insurance company to determine the cause of the failure and repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Warner Robins, GA, USA

Sep 022015

I got my front breaks done with aftermarket brake pads and rotors weird grinding squealing sound the place told me it was my transmission probably. I took it to the dealer for a diagnostic, and they said it was after market parts causing the noise and recommended that I get factory parts put on the car. I went back to jiffy lube, the original people who placed the aftermarket parts on and when they replaced everythin with factory parts, the noise still occured. I took it back to Dodge, informing them that their diagnostic that was recommended was handled and the noise still occurs. They, came back with the same answer "your front brakes". how is it that you diagnose my car and tell me it's one thing, and when I get that one thing fixed, it's still the same issue? at this point, I am convinced it's not jiffy lube, but Dodge not doing proper diagnostics because I also complained about my car jumping when I break and it takes long to shift into gear. They didn't even diagnose that and when I complained, they said everything was fine with my transmission. I own a 2014 Dodge Avenger and I got it from folsom lake Dodge.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Mar 152015

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. While driving out of the driveway, the vehicle made a loud screeching noise that sounded as if something were loose and about to fall off from underneath the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a local dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake pads were faulty. The brake pads were replaced, but the failure recurred. The contact also stated that the vehicle emitted hot air from the driver side underneath the dashboard. The hot air intensified while driving approximately 50 mph. The dealer stated that the hot air was normal. The manufacturer was not notified of the failures. The failure mileage was 12,000. MA 10/23/15

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Jan 032014

I purchase a 2014 Dodge Avenger Sept of 2013. January 2014 we begin to hear grinding or constant squealing during backing up or braking. Took it back to the dealer and they stated they were waiting on the manufacture to making new parts for these brake ok, so every month I'm taking it back to the dealer and getting the same answer nothing yet. No I have to drive a least 2 1/2 hours some day for work and just this pass week, I had to push real hard on the brakes to get it to stop. And the nose is getting louder and louder and the dealer still telling me the manufacture has not sent replace for these brakes they are making new one for all these cars. In the mean time this is my only source to get back and forth to the and I am afraid those brake are going to give out while driving.

- Talladega , AL, USA

Mar 172014

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving 55 mph, the vehicle swerved to the left abnormally. In addition, the contact mentioned that the brakes would squeal while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be replicated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 1,100 and the current mileage was 1,528.

- Chicago , IL, USA