4.5

2014 Dodge Avenger drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Apr 302016

Avenger

I was driving my car and as I came to a light my car started to idle really rough like it was going to stall the rpms went all the way down to almost 200rpm then I put the car in neutral and hit the gas a bit so it wouldn't stall and it revved up to 1000 RPM and then shut off completely and the electronic throttle control light flashed at me. Then I restarted my car and there were no lights on. The car was idleing really rough. I have the 2.4L I-4. its never ran that way before so I continued to drive and about twenty minutes later it did the same exact thing. I am out of my bumper to bumper warranty so a dealer wanted 100 just to take a look at the car I went to autozone to have the computer scanned and he said their were no codes. He told me he didn't know what the issues could be either. This is the 5th time this has happened to me. The other day when I was backing pulling out of my driveway I went to put it in reverse it wouldn't go into reverse then all of a sudden as I was giving it a little bit of gas it slammed into reverse it almost felt like the transmission fell out of the car. And it chirped the tires. Then after I backed out my engine stalled and the etc light came on. ( electronic throttle control)then I attempted to start my car and it drove fine like nothing had happened.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 182015

Avenger 4-cyl

I was trying to reverse after making a U-turn on a business avenue in queens, NY and after turning around, I put the car in reserve to go back a little bit to complete my U-turn, and my car would not reverse, instead moves forward, even though the vehicle was put into reverse position. I turn off the engine and turn it back on, put the car in reverse, and it continues to do the same thing. Someone help me push it back while in neutral and I then put it in drive and it was ok after that. My children was in the car with me and this happened on a busy ave. I am concerned for the safety for everyone. My children are always with me in my car. Please take a closer look at this problem with my car and many others. Thank you.

- Piscataway, NJ, USA

May 022014

Avenger 4-cyl

Power loss in the gearbox, when you accelerate the car it happens everyday at anytime.

- Ft Lauderdale , FL, USA