2014 Dodge Avenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Avenger:

2014 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Apr 022016

The brakes suddenly failed. I was able to stop the car by standing on the brakes. I if I had been in traffic I would have crashed. The engine was shaking very hard and it would not accelerate to get it off the road. Two lights came on. The electronic throttle control and the one that shows a picture of a car on a slippery road. The next day the lights were off and it behaved normally. Then it reoccurred. I am taking it to a dealer but sudden loss of braking is unacceptable and from what I read on the internet a lot of people have had this same issue.

- Frannkfort, KY, USA