CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2.8

2007 Dodge Caliber accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Feb 222011

Caliber 4-cyl

I started to notice a noise coming from the back end of the car. We took the car to chrsyler/Dodge dealer & was told that we have to replace the following:rear hubs, the right & left lower control arms & replace the tires. We had just brought new tires in November 2010 for the winter & now they have to be replace again.Chrysler is putting my life, my husband & mother's life line on the line. Why is it that when they had the May 2007 recall, this problem was not included and why are they getting away with murder by putting our lives in jeopardy. I thought I purchased a car that would kept me safe. The estimated cost they quoted us $1800. Chrysler/Dodge should be ashame of themselves. Is profit more important to them than our lives. The car is worthless & can't afford to trade it in either.

- Garfield Hts, OH, USA

Jun 252009

Caliber

2007 Dodge Caliber gas pedal. With 50,600 miles. While driving approx 65 mph on a 3 lane highway the gas pedal accelerated to over 90 mph when the brakes and emergency brakes could not stop the car only slowed it slightly when I reached the shoulder of the road across 3 lanes of traffic I put the car in neutral and turned off the car to fully stop the vehicle. The gas pedal was replaced and explained that it was the cause for the excessive speed.

- Millville, NJ, USA