- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
- July 27: Dodge Charger Under Investigation For Alternator Failure
- July 11: Chrysler Recalls 895,000 SUVs After Vanity Lights Catch Fire
- June 30: Chrysler Recalls 696,000 Vehicles for Defective Ignition Switches
- June 29: Investigation Opened Into 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Drive Shafts
2007 Dodge Caliber
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.
The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.
Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.
We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.
Worst 2007 Caliber Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems88NHTSA complaints: 116
- steering problems54NHTSA complaints: 50
- engine problems40NHTSA complaints: 106
- transmission problems19NHTSA complaints: 18
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 80
- body / paint problems15NHTSA complaints: 28
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 8
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 34
- wheels / hubs problems9NHTSA complaints: 22
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 38
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 27
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 31
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 14
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Caliber Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Caliber compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Caliber overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Caliber.