- April 11: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Targets Truck Tie-Rod Problems
- March 26: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger For Lifeless Low-Beam Headlights
- March 13: Feds Close Jeep Liberty Door Fires Investigation
- March 10: Chrysler Recalls 45,000 Vehicles to Update Software
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- March 3: Chrysler Sued Over Alleged 'False Park' Death
- February 14: Investigation Closed Into Chrysler Stalling Engines
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
2007 Dodge Caliber
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.
The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.
Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.
We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.
Worst 2007 Caliber Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- suspension problems109NHTSA complaints: 108
- engine problems35NHTSA complaints: 96
- steering problems28NHTSA complaints: 43
- electrical problems19NHTSA complaints: 62
- transmission problems19NHTSA complaints: 18
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems9NHTSA complaints: 30
- wheels / hubs problems8NHTSA complaints: 21
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 7
- lights problems7NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 26
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 26
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Caliber Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Caliber compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Caliber overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Caliber.