CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Caliber

My car will as I'm driving cut off lose all power starts shaking jerking and won't above 5to7 miles an hour happens all time driving with my kids from school it does on freeway very unsafe almost got rear-ended a couple times very scary

- Oakley, CA, USA

Jul 242016

Caliber

Four four months now my car has intermittently experienced electrical failures including stuttering, dashboard lights flashing on and off, windshield wipers coming on their own and total shutdown all while the car is in motion at varying speeds. I have had my alternator replaced twice, my battery replaced and my spark plugs changed out. I have researched and am fairly certain it is my tipm which is a common problem for my make and model of car that Dodge has decided isn't worth their time to fix. I have almost crashed multiple times due to the random failure of my tipm and thusly find it unsafe to drive my vehicle anymore.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Caliber

Totally integrated power module problems. Having all kinds of cascading electrical problems with this car with only 70K miles. Driver's side low beam will no longer work. Engine intermittently stops/starts. Acceleration issues, etc. Chrysler wants over a $1,000 to address this issue, and the replacement tipm would likely fail in similar manner shortly thereafter. Extremely unsafe car day or night.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jan 162015

Caliber 4-cyl

I had an accident on Friday, January 18, 2015. The car in front of me put on brakes, and I was a distance away from the car in front of me when I put on brakes as well. However, when I attempted to brake, it would not brake normally as a car should. Also, there was no anti-lock brake that kicked in. In addition, the airbags did not deploy in this vehicle. My car is totaled. Thankfully, I was able to walk away. There is something wrong with the brakes on this vehicle. I always felt like that. However, the experience that I had with this accident was confirmation for me.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Aug 152014

Caliber

I have 2007 Dodge Caliber and was driving the electrical system was make the car shut down all my lights and signal lights was not working. I was on the expressway and my signal lights or nothing was working.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Aug 282013

Caliber

My car started making a noise and idling high last year. It started cutting itself off and eventually it wouldn't start. I replaced the alternator and battery. Now less than a year later 2014, the low lights don't work and it is starting to make the same noise and cut itself off. Now I'm being told its the total integrated power module.

- Canal Winchester, OH, USA

Apr 222014

Caliber 4-cyl

Drove home from work parked my car next morning it wouldn't start. Had battery power and cranked when I turned the key but would not kick over to start. Towed to mechanic. He said there wasn't anything wrong with it, he cleaned the spark plugs, weather warmed up and car worked again. This happened twice, he stated I needed to take it to Dodge dealership to have the computer reprogrammed (that this was a common problem for my car type) two days later, driving to work all the lights went on and the steering froze, not able to turn left or right. I was able to exit and park car without incident now having it towed to dealership.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Mar 162012

Caliber 4-cyl

Low beam headlight on passenger side will not turn on but the high beam works fine. Have checked wiring and fuses and it seems to be the tipm. Took into a shop and they said that it is the tipm telling the light not to turn on so in other words its a bad tipm. I was made aware that the part would be close to $1200. I've researched this issue online and I see that it is a very common issue. I am now starting to have issues with what I think is a bearing gone bad, still trying to determine this. Today as I was almost home, my charge system light came on. When I got home, so turned car off and let it sit a few minutes, turned the car back and no issues. The 2007 Dodge Caliber seems to have issues. I wrote to Dodge about the headlamp issues with no resolution or that they acknowledge there is an issue. From reading the forums today, it seems my lights or issues may get worse and possibly loose my life or cause a horrible wreck before all of this over. Dodge needs to take the responsibility for all of these issues and recall them so we are not out the huge sums of money that is required to fix this. I am currently unemployed and no unemployment compensation as of yet, I am afraid my once reliable car will just quit on me one day when I least expect or cause lose of life.

- Verolna, KY, USA

Nov 192012

Caliber 4-cyl

Tipm-, battery terminals/holds downs, tbody. I found these issues and went to the dealer in relation to these problems after I had done my investigation. They saw me with the information I had, and began to run in the other direction. I told them what was wrong with the vehicle. I just had surgery and was inhaling the carbon from the vehicle. This is a major electrical issue and cad light problem. The vehicle only goes 20 mph. Chrysler released this vehicle to its customers for loan or purchase with a faulty design in place. Chrysler knew of this and proceeded to sale this vehicle in an order to make money and not looking at the risk that we as customers would be taking as well as them. Chrysler didn't even bother to have a recall for this issue. I as a consumer feel cheated and want to be compensated for my loss. The vehicle is not in drive mode and I am not risking the life my son and I for this major mistake on their part.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 072010

Caliber 4-cyl

I am not sure if this is the correct category as far as the elec.sability control the manual refers to it as the electronic throttle control when the light comes on. I have noticed that there is a recall for 2007 Dodge Calibers with this problem, but for some reason my VIN/vehicle is not included in the recall as well as many many others with the same problem. I am thinking they do not know who to notify because if they did you would have several complaint at this time. My 2007 Dodge Caliber has caused me problems and unsafe moments for sometime now. The vehicle will sometimes start with the electronic throttle control light on right off the bat other times you could be cruising over a bridge and it will come on and decide to go 2 mph if even that. I had an incident with my grandbaby where we were turning left across a lane of traffic and the car decided to go 1-2 mph it was a good thing that the on coming traffic was out there far enough for us to get across. I have not and will not drive the car since. I still have a car payment and insurance payment but cannot use the vehicle. I have been keeping up with the people on line and there is quiet a few that has had several scary situation like myself. There has been ones who have taken the vehicle in and the repair shop said there was nothing wrong.......then back out on the road they go and the problem happens again. One of these times someone will be crossing a very busy highway and could get in a bad wreck and die" we need your help???"

- East Wenatchee, WA, USA

Mar 152008

Caliber

I own a 2007 Dodge Caliber R/T witch I purchased new. After the first 4 months of owning this vehicle. I noticed that every bump I hit, the car would sway back and forth on the road and noticed the stability was not good at all, even though I have the stability system program feature. I proceeded to take it in to the dealer and have it looked at. They assured me that it was fine. I just needed tires. I replaced all 4 tires and still had the same problem. So I brought the car in again and they then replaced the sway bar links and struts. I still have the same problem so I brought it in again and the dealer said it was fine. It is not fine! it is very dangerous and hard to control on a road that is not perfectly paved especially in rainy weather and winter months this vehicle has very bad traction and could cause an accident if unable to control, which I am trying to prevent from happening. I have spoken to other Dodge Caliber owners and they seem to have the same problem. Now I'm experiencing water running into my car every time I turn on the ac or heat and hot water running on my foot while driving whenever I turn a corner. I would greatly appreciate if this matter is investigated and resolved. Thank you

- Napanoch, NY, USA