CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

6.5

2. need new alternator (1 reports)
2007 Dodge Caliber engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Sep 082010

Caliber LX 2.4L

• CVT transmission

This noise was awful, the mechanic told me they would have to take everything apart to find out what this noise was. i just cant believe a car of this age would have so many problems. This car should be recalled all of it not parts of it the whole thing.

- , Lexington Park, MD, USA

Oct 012009

Caliber SXT

mechanics cant seem to diagnose the problem. All say it could be a number of issues

- , Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Sep 032007

Caliber SXT

I bought the Dodge Caliber in 2006 as a graduation gift for myself (should have spent the money on a decent vacation and some expensive alcohol instead)! It had 90 miles on delivery. At 232 miles, it was in the shop for several months. So I was making payments on a car that I was not able to drive. I started to have some major regrets and asked to be traded out of the car. I was denied and have continued to have major problems with this vehicle. The least amount of work I have had done is the oil change. Everything else has been a major fix.

I have 13 pages of service records---tie rods 4 times, suspension problems 2 times, accelerator problems 3 times, braking system problems-never ending. I guess I didn't mention that I'm purchasing my 3rd set of tires in 4 years. Apparently as a result of making too many left turns (can you believe that explanation?). These cars are very dangerous and I think a class action lawsuit is in order. Instead of the government using taxpayer money to bail these idiots out, they should have invested the money into getting the consumers into safer, more economical transportation. I am so frustrated that on my last visit to the dealership I informed the service staff that if my car wasn't fixed to my specifications, I was going to drive it on the showroom floor. They know how "passionate" I am, so they immediately started to clear out the front lobby. I have spoken with several Chrysler employees about these problem, but the only thing I am being told is, "If you're not happy with that dealership, try another one!" No matter where I take the car, I still think it's just a piece of s***!

- , Peoria, IL, USA

Mar 012010

Caliber SXT

I bought my 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT brand new, 0 miles on it. The first problem I had was a loud noise close to the left rear tire. It sounded like something knocking against the rear of the car. Took it in to the shop they said there was something loose that they fixed it. It sounded fixed for about 2 months, now the noise is back. My biggest complaint is a loud "whining" noise coming from the engine, I think. You can only hear it from inside the car. Has anyone had any problems with the engine making noise?

- , Horn Lake, MS, USA