CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007 Dodge Caliber has all kinds of suspension problems at relatively low mileage: typically 40-50,000 miles.

The most commonly reported problems are with ball joints & control arms going bad. Tie rods & leaking struts are also reported failing in the same mileage range.

Unfortunately all the suspension problems means some owners only find out after they notice their tires are ruined.

We've given the 2007 Caliber our worst rating because these problems happen at such low mileage, & it involves a wide range of apparently defective parts. With most other cars, major suspension work is pretty rare under 50,000 miles.

2007 Dodge Caliber fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Dodge Caliber:

2007 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Aug 012013

Caliber 4-cyl

I was driving and the engine quit running I coasted into a turnaround had to be towed to dealer they said wiring at the fuel pump in the tank overheated shorted and burned out the pump the repair was costly and they would not help I do not see this as normal wear but a safety and design flaw.

- Chesterfield, MI, USA

Jun 262013

Caliber 4-cyl

Accelerated from red light to get on to the freeway, car lurched forward and stalled. Power was lost and had to limp to safely get to the side of the road. Electronic throttle light (bars with lightning bolt) came on. Shut the car completely off and restarted, drove 20 feet and the same thing happened again. Shut the car off again for 5-7 min and was able to safely get off the freeway. Took in to private mechanic the next day and was informed that the throttle body it self went bad and he as seen this a lot with different models of Dodge vehicles, yet no recall has been issued. Is going to cost me $500 to get it fixed. I bought the car brand new in 2006 so warranty is out due to age.

- Carson City, NV, USA

Jun 042013

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that while having the vehicle maintenanced, the mechanic advised that the fuel pump wiring had caught fire, burned through the fuel pump and into the fuel tank. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 152,000.

- Canyon , TX, USA

Sep 282011

Caliber

The contact owns a 2007 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled while entering a residential driveway at extremely low speeds. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic who performed a diagnostic that located the failure as melted fuel pump wires. The fuel pump was replaced. The failure and the current mileage was 76,000.

- Bartlett, IL, USA

Jul 252011

Caliber

Fuel tank overflows every time I fill tank spraying gasoline all over car and on me. I do not ever "top off" my car. This happens at every gas station. Also tie rods have had to been replaced multiple times due to premature wear. Chrysler does not want to address these problems with me and tell me not to fill up my tank all the way, and that it's normal for tierods to have to be replaced three times in under 35K miles.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 012010

Caliber

Fuel pump had to be replaced as well as wiring, located under backseat.

- Hornell, NY, USA

Aug 302009

Caliber

After Sunday service, I was leaving out of the church's parking garage, when the speed on my 2007 Dodge Caliber unexpectedly accelerated to a speed beyond my ability to control it before hitting, head on, a pillar inside the garage. This resulted in extensive front damage to radiator, hood, . fender, grill, fan assembly, A/C lines, manifold, throttle, battery, air condenser, U&L reinforcements, & hood latch damage. The car is still at a mechanics garage awaiting costly repairs. Old parts are still available. Thank god I was not physically injured, just shattered nerves and major inconveniences.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Jun 222010

Caliber

The gas pedal messes up it can be at a slight hill or accelerating at a green light. I push the gas pedal down all the way to the floor board only getting slight movement; then the car just accelerates. Other times it acts normal. I took it into a repair shop they said my car was not part of the recall so I paid $504 they said it fine and fixed. The same day of getting my car back it does the same thing so I called Chrysler 800#. they to said my 2007 was not part of the recall and to take it back the repair shop and they would reimburse if recall was extended to other 2007 models. There is an issue with acceleration of these gas pedals. I'm 9 mths pregnant and do not have the confidence that my car will move like it is suppose to when pulling out into traffic.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Nov 082008

Caliber

On my Dodge Caliber, every time that I put gas in the car and fill it up the gas will back flush out of the gas tank when the gas pump nozzle turns off. This causes gas spills on my car and on the ground at the gas station. I brought this to the attention of the dealership and they told me to not fill up my gas tank all of the way and that they have this same situation happening on many of their vehicles.

- Taylorsville, UT, USA