2008 Dodge Caliber accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Jun 122016

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was stationary, the windshield wipers malfunctioned and the turn signal blinkers no longer illuminated when prompted. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 072015

Caliber 4-cyl

My passenger headlight went out. I replaced with two brand new bulbs but light is still out. Rear windshield wiper, one brake light, and one license plate illumination light are all non functional as well. Recall has been made one year of models of Chrysler vehicles but not mine, and it is the same faulty part that has been put in several models and years of Chrysler vehicles. Upon visiting a Chrysler service center I was advised of a $900 quote to fix the part. I see no reasoning for me to have to foot the bill for a faulty part that Chrysler has known about for several years and refuses to address.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 112014

Caliber 4-cyl

I am reporting a "possible" safety related problem. On two separate occasions, upon entering the vehicle and starting the car to drive, I noticed the loss of control / power to the following items: Left and right turn signal activation, front and rear wiper activation, front and rear widow wash, cruise control activation, park, and interior light activation. (note: Head lights did activate.) all activation levers / switches are located on the steering wheel column. Problem was unaffected by the movement of the vehicle, the movement of the steering wheel, or the movement of the column position. Problem disappeared after the vehicle was stopped and the key removed from the ignition. Upon re-entering the vehicle and restarting the car the problem disappeared. Problem is not currently present for examination.

- Swartz Creek, MI, USA

May 282014

Caliber

During a severe rainstorm in my area, I was leaving an event parking lot to drive home. While waiting at the stop light I attempted to turn on my windshield wipers because of the severe rain. They failed to start. While sitting at the light I restarted my car hoping that would alleviate the apparent 'short' in the windshield wipers, but it did not. As the light turned green, I was forced to move forward. While driving slow, I rolled my window down and attempted to guide the car to a safe spot to pull over. I couldn't identify a place through all of the rain, and also I was driving in busy downtown traffic. I started to slow down more but looked forward and all I could see were trees coming up quickly through the blurry windshield; I immediately jolted to a stop as I hit an island/median in the middle of the road. My car was scraped by trees and parking cones which were laying in the median. I heard scraping and a large thud as my car came to a stop. Still in the rain, I put my hazards on and waited until the police arrived. My airbags did not deploy and I am extremely irritated that my windshield wipers suddenly stopped working in a terrible rainstorm. This accident could have been much worse. My vehicle is 6 years old; at the 5 year mark I took it in for a full-system maintenance where I was told that everything was working fine. I am very disappointed in my choice in purchasing Dodge.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 012013

Caliber 4-cyl

The main issue is not being able to take the car out of "park" when it is running. For the past year it has happened intermittently. The last 2 days none of my trying and retrying to get it out of park works. Also, my windshield wipers come on whenever they feel like it. Mostly upon starting. I also cannot reset my change oil light.

- Crescent Valley, NV, USA

Jul 272012

Caliber 4-cyl

While driving on an interstate at 60 miles per hour at night in a heavy rain, my windshield wipers suddenly stopped working. I could not see but I luckily stopped on the shoulder. After several minutes the wipers started up. I traveled 20-30 minutes and it happened again. After pulling over and waiting several minutes, they restarted. I drove off and soon it happened for a third time. After waiting several minutes, the rain stopped and I traveled home. This failure is very similar to the cause listed in the 2008 Jeep Liberty recall due to a defective windshield wiper motor. I am being charged $343 by a dealer to replace the wiper motor.

- Fanwood, NJ, USA