2.0

2008 Dodge Caliber body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Aug 172016

Caliber 4-cyl

I had my car to a garage for alignment. I was told my subframe is rusted out and needs replaced. I researched a 2008 Dodge Caliber subframe and got information about Chrysler offering a 10 year extended warranty specifically for this subframe. Its stating this is for 2007 models, but mine being 2008 isn't covered? the mechanic said this is an extreme safety hazard and I want to know how I could get this subframe replaced under this extended warranty. I live in pa, and that is a state included in the "salt-belt" due to the salt trucks during winter. This is reasoning for the dangerous corrosion. Please help me with this situation. Thank you.

- Williamsport, PA, USA

Jun 082015

Caliber 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While driving 35 mph, a passenger heard a crunching sound under the vehicle. After inspecting the vehicle, the contact noticed that the entire front cross member was corroded, which resulted in the frame being fractured. The contact stated that the vehicle was inoperable due to the corrosion. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 149,099. Updated 7/23/15 updated 8/19/15 updated 9/23/15 updated 9/30/15

- Portage, IN, USA

May 042015

Caliber

My sons car, sub frame rusted inconsistent with all of other components. Making unusual noises, deemed unsafe to operate.

- Newburyport, MA, USA

Apr 032015

Caliber 4-cyl

Front crossmember frame rusted through. Car is not safe and cannot be driven. Car belongs to our daughter who is a single mother and was just paid off. She cannot afford this repair. After finding many complaints on the internet, we called Chrysler and only some of these Calibers qualified for repair (free). Not sure why our car is not included. This is also a problem on the Jeep compass. It would seem that a frame would last longer than 6-7 years.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

Sep 222014

Caliber

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Caliber. While the vehicle was undergoing routine maintenance, the technician noticed corrosion underneath the vehicle. The technician stated that the front cross member cradle needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 44,038.

- Trafford, PA, USA