2008 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Dec 082014

Caliber

The lights and all dash gauges turn off while driving and all the warning lights on the dash come on. The engine light stays on until the car is turned off. When restarting all lights go away. This happens most often when when I am braking. No pattern for when or what speed. ABS seems to kick in for no reason during this electrical failure. Power has been lost and car has died while driving. I am told this is the tpim module fault that requires replacement for $1,500! there is large and common problem with this tpim and Dodge has wrongly not provided a recall for the Caliber.

- Rubicon, WI, USA

Aug 212013

Caliber

ABS light came on, found righet rear wheel senser was defictive.

- Bay Shore, NY, USA

Nov 172012

Caliber

I was on my way to work, headlights and dash lights started to flicker, all the indicator light on the dash came on. Smoke started coming in the vents into the vehicle went to stop, brakes grabbed for a second then went out completely, even shifting the vehicle to park did nothing. Stopped the vehicle by hitting guard rail called police, within minutes the entire front end was in flames.

- Blossburg, PA, USA

Jul 042012

Caliber 4-cyl

My fiancee and I got into the car and after I started it, it wouldn't shift out of park. Luckily we were close to home and I had internet on my phone so I could look up how to manually override the issue. If there's a manual override, it seems like they knew it would/could happen. My fiancee is disabled, if she had been driving the car (it is her car) and got stuck out in this 100 degree heat wave, she wouldn't have known what to do or have even been able to do it had she known what to do. I'm irritated because my research shows that this is a very common Dodge issue amongst many different models yet they have only issued recalls on certain models. I did call Dodge hq to find out if this model had a recall for this issue and obviously it hasn't. the drone just did their job of getting the information they needed. I can't stress this part enough, if they provide an override, they know there is an issue!

- Hickory, NC, USA

May 012012

Caliber 4-cyl

I bought this vehicle used from ganley Dodge in bedford Ohio. We have driven this vehicle aprox 12000 miles and have replaced or serviced the rear brakes six times at two separate dealers. The rear brakes have made a howling noise since the day it left the lot. Chrysler has attempted to repair this problem six times to no avail. Both dealers that have serviced the Caliber say that there is nothing that can be done to fix the problem, they also say it is cosmetic. After dealing with the dealers nonsense I called Chrysler directly, after a week of dealing with them they finally call me back to tell me that an engineer has stated that rear brakes making noise is a normal thing for this car to do. And that there is nothing they will do to fix the problem. I suppose this is what happens when you allow and american car company to be owned by an italian and german companies.

- Lakewood , OH, USA