2008 Dodge Caliber electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Caliber:

2008 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Dec 262010

Caliber 4-cyl

Went shopping came out from shopping my car left me stranded had it towed to the dealer I bought it from after being stranded for over 3 hours they had to sent it to a Dodge dealer they said the issue was from a static lock which cased my module to have to be rest but then they told me if it happens again I just need to unplug the positive cable to the battery and it should work which it does but they said they had to reset my key to it so I was charged for them to do nothing and the car is still not fixed it happened again on January 7 2011 and so I called the dealer I bought if from and they told me to bring in and they would look at some components and install a ground wire well I did that but then the they told me the car couldn't be working so in other words they were not going to do anything to fix this problem I bought it from jerrery Kia I need a reliable car to drive and I don't have one and I too will never buy a Dodge again.

- Warren, MI, USA

Mar 032010

Caliber

Had car in park. Started vehicle and starter kept trying to turn over. Stopped car and took key out, starter kept going. Started car again and drove 30 feet while starter is turning over and smoke was coming into vehicle. Vehicle then stopped and engine died. The vehicle ended up stopped in the middle of a four lane main road. Lights were on and battery was still working. Could not start car. Police were called due to vehicle being inoperative. Towed to dealer, where they ran tests on new starter after it was replaced. Was told all tests passed and the original was a bad starter. On March 18, 2010 engine was starting to make similar sounds and vehicle tried starting without a key in ignition. The only way to stop this, was to pull wire off the battery.

- Maumee, OH, USA

Feb 202008

Caliber

After purchasing my Dodge Caliber in February or 2008 I noticed the gas gauge was not consistently accurate. It took a total of 6 months for schaefer and strohminger to "fix" it. I called them afterwards to tell them it was better but not completely correct and they put me off several times. They said they would call the engineer and follow up with me. That never happened even after the CEO of the vehicle maintenance department told me I met the lemon law requirements. During this time the car began to hesitate from time to time when starting. I also asked them about that problem. They could not figure out the problem after having it in the shop twice. About a year later the car wouldn't start and left me stranded at work. It was towed to the nearest dealership. I called ahead to talk to the mechanic who knew exactly what my problem was because he'd had several others need to be replaced already in the Caliber. It was the wireless control module. While still under warranty they replaced it. It's been a few months now and the car has hesitated while starting 4 times already. Obviously there is a fault in the wireless control module unit they are using. Finally, I'm taking it back to have them check the water in the driver's side tail light and wet carpet behind the driver's side seat. I'm very dissatisfied with this car and do not plan on buying from Dodge or schaefer and strohminger again.

- Edgewood, MD, USA