2009 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Caliber:

2009 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

May 072016

On May 7th, 2016 I was involved in an accident. My car stalled and no matter what I did, pressing, pumping, or mashing, my brakes would not slow or stop the car. Now, my car has done this in the past usually right as I am coming to a full stop. The first month I owned the car, I casually told the service writer at my local dealership about it and they said not to use cheap gas. I told them that I use gas from shell, not cheap gas. Then it would happen again, I would mention it again, being told about using cheap gas. Which again, I told them I don't use cheap gas in my car. I believe my accident was caused by the issue listed in NHTSA campaign number: 08V528000.

- Brandon, FL, USA

Apr 012015

Started out when I drive more than 23 miles, trans. Overheat light comes on, loose power. Going up hills, very little power. RPM wraps between 3 & 4, normal driving, when stopping car jumps ahead if I hit a bump. Breaks squeak after replacing brand new, now engine overheat light, electronic throttle control light & malfunction indication light on. Had transmission filter and fluid replaced. Lasted 2 weeks. Worse now..

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

May 012013

I bought this car brand new. The ABS warning light illuminated about two years ago at about 10000 miles. The current mileage is 16,000. A mechanic said the code indicated low voltage to the ABS motor. The battery voltage was good. The dealer and another mechanic said the repair would be around $600 so I did not repair it.

- High Point, NC, USA

Aug 112015

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Caliber. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the tipm was replaced, but the failure recurred. While traveling approximately 50 mph, the ABS light illuminated, the cruise control failed to work and was unable to be reset. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000.

- Coatesville, IN, USA