2009 Dodge Caliber brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Caliber:

2009 Dodge Caliber Owner Comments

Nov 242012

Please note this car has been difficult since I bought it. Between the tires, brakes and rotors there have been issues. Approximately 6-12 months ago I stopped to put air in my tire as my sensor informed me the tire was low. When I placed the hose on the valve stem the stem cracked in half. This cost me money to fix. Now on 11/24/12 I was once again informed I needed air and once again the stem broke, costing me over $100 to fix plus I had it fixed at pepboys as the spare was a donut and didn't want to use it.this cost me $25 but the stem was not the one for the censor. Meanwhile I called the dealer, outten county Chrysler, and left a message as they were closed. I setup an appointment and was informed that they have seen this many, many times. To me, personally, I feel this a major issue. I bought a new car to alleviate all the "repair headaches" yet I am still doing it, plus why would simply putting air in the tire cause the valve to break? according to the person at the desk they noted they have seen this problem many times that the valve stems corrode and break easily. To me this is a rip off to me, the consumer and costly at that. Please let me know if you need anything else.

- Blandon, PA, USA