9.0

1998 Dodge Caravan electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Dodge Caravan:

1998 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 012013

Caravan

Is back in shop. They had replaced the computer but that did not fix it. Now he says he is going to replace starter but that probably won't fix it. It starts intermittently. It is worse when it's hot out. Won't start at all. Also the lights go off and on where the gauges are. Plus my air conditioner stopped working and my windshield wipers stopped working. A lot of people have this problem with this car. I got it from my father in law and he told me it has a problem not starting off and on. This problem should be recalled. I can't depend on it and I have been stranded several times. Oh I have also got a new battery and cables replaced. Help, I am a senior on a fixed income who can't afford these repairs especially when it doesn't fix the problem.

- , Stockton, CA, USA

Mar 172010

Caravan 3.0L

Recently, my electrical system went screwy. My headlights, horn and power locks only work ehrn the van is running. The 10 amp memory fuse in the hood fuse compartment was blown. I replaced it, but this did not fix the problem.

- , Ottawa, ON, Canada