2003 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Caravan:

2003 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

May 012009

Caravan LX 2.4L

My once upon a time dependable Dodge Caravan blew a timing belt at 102,000 miles. Prior to the timing belt breaking, the van ran very well, even though it has the 2.4L 4 cyl engine that can't get out of it's own way. I had the van towed to the nearest garage (Tire Kingdom), and they of course said they could fix it. $900 later, I had my timing belt replaced. Thinking this would end the problems with my van was my first mistake.

The van has ran real rough. I have replaced the spark plugs and wires, fuel filter, air filter and starting using higher grade of fuel. You would think that doing any of the above things would smooth out the engine but it hasn't. I have taken the van back to Tire Kingdom many times, but the mechanics there just keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with it. I even made them drive it and they refuse to acknowledge that the van runs rough. Any ideas???

- , Melbourne, FL, USA