8.0

2003 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Caravan:

2003 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Jan 282007

Caravan SXT V6

I really enjoy my van. However, at around 39,000 miles sometimes when I started the caravan, a squeaky noise would appear. I took it in, they could not find any noise, and by the time I got it to the dealer the noise would disappear. I thought it was a belt-Nope, steering fluid-Nope. Under warranty-took it in every 3,000 for oil changes, check-ups, had brakes done, transmission fluid changed, had the engine package done at around 36,000 and 60,000 miles. I drove a lot during the first 3 years, about 20,000 miles each year. Around 66,000 the noise came more frequently and went away as it warmed up, Winter time-very noisy. Warranty is almost up (ends at 70,000 miles), still they can't find the problem and they are starting to become condescending to me-I was taking it to the Dealer. They never could find the problem. Now at around 77,800 miles and it is Winter here in MN, the noise is everyday for about 15 to 20 minutes(depends on cold weather), took it in to a none Dodge Dealer- found problem- Starter Drive Dis-Engaging==replace Starter Assembly-$488.00

I have had no other major problems. I am just irritated that the Dodge Dealer Autoshop in Hopkins MN could not find the problem and their attitude towards me was poor.

- , Shorewood, MN, USA