2003 Dodge Caravan engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Caravan:

2003 Dodge Caravan Owner Comments

Sep 262012

Caravan LX

This vehicle looks great on the outside, however, it is a rough ride. It does not drive smoothly and the engine jumps and it feels as if the car shifts gears multiple times as you drive. When you get to a stop sign or a red light, the engine would just shut off with no warning. It is scary and dangerous for all passengers in the vehicle. I have made numerous complaints to the mechanic/ owner and he constantly replies, he does not see a problem with the vehicle, so he doesn't know what is wrong with it. I am now returning this vehicle back to the mechanic for the 3rd time since I've gotten it last month, and I am in need of a reliable and dependable vehicle that I can drive around in with my children safely. I need your help!!! Please!!!

- , Roselle, NJ, USA

Dec 082011

Caravan 3.3L

For 3, yes THREE years this van would jerk while driving, and stall out while running the A/C, mechanics never found a thing wrong with it, this year the motor BLEW and after having the motor REPLACED....its doing THE SAME THING, stalling, jerking, wont go above 10-15 mph, it wont move, all the fluids are fine, I'm wondering if this is just because its a dodge. How am I going to sell it if it doesn't work and there's no solution and nobody knows why its doing what its doing?

- , Dayton, OH, USA