2012 Dodge Challenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Challenger:

2012 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 132013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact was driving approximately 65 mph and crashed into a deer. The air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who replaced the entire front end. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000.

- Tecumseh, OK, USA

Feb 122014

Challenger

I was making a left turn from "stop light" at 10 mph when I pressed the throttle just a little to proceed with a safe turn, the car started accelerating quickly and I lost control of the car and end up hitting the light pole. But before all that my buddy who happens to be a certified "Nissan" mechanic have noticed that there was a weird noise on the engine. So yeah, this what happened with 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT.( I apologize for spelling and grammar ).P.S. the insurance company is refusing to pay for the damage unfortunately.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 132013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 13V118000 (air bags) but was informed that the parts were not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in April of 2013, there should have been a remedy available before September 2013. The contact had not experienced a failure. The current mileage was 16,000.

- Easton , PA, USA

Apr 152013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact received recall notice NHTSA campaign number: 13V118000 (air bags). The contact was informed that the part was not available and was on back order. There are no failures at this time. The approximate current mileage was 20000.

- Bonnyman, KY, USA

May 172013

Challenger 8-cyl

My car is under a ntsb ordered safety recall and yet I have been unable to get it fixed because of the poor customer service at bluebonnet Dodge in new braunfels where I purchased the car and live. They completely ignore any attempts to schedule appointments and when I dropped the car off the were unable to get to it that afternoon. They had my car for five hours and still said the needed to look at it. There was nothing to look at it was under a recall. They refuse to repair my car.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Jan 192013

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, he crashed into another vehicle and the seat belts did not engage. As a result, the contact's face struck the steering wheel and caused the contact to sustain a fractured nose. In addition, the air bags failed to deploy. The contact was transported to the hospital for treatment of injuries. The contact did not call the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 7,000.

- Amite, LA, USA

Jul 042012

Challenger

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that while starting the vehicle the air bag warning light intermittently illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 6,000 and the current mileage was 14,000.

- Hainesville, IL, USA

Apr 252012

Challenger 6-cyl

I was rearended, (at 4200 miles on my new vehicle), while at a dead stop for a traffic light by a Ford F250 pickup truck traveling at 45 mph pulling a utility trailer hauling approximately 6000 - 7000 pounds which hit my 2012 Dodge Challenger in the right rearend pushing me into the back end of a Nissan Altima, and not one of the air bags deployed in my Challenger. I had a prior problem with the Challenger at approximately 2300 miles on the vehicle where the air bag warning light came on and had the vehicle serviced at the dealer to fix the problem they said was a faulty wiring harness from the factory in the drivers seat for the air bag system, and after the dealer replaced said faulty wiring harness it turned the warning light off prior to this accident. The accident occurred at 4200 miles on my vehicle causing extensive damage to the rear and major damage to the front of the vehicle from the impact. Again not one of the air bags deployed. The dealer service department also stated to me when I had the vehicle in for repair of the warning light prior to the accident that they were having this problem with all of these new Challengers of a faulty wiring harness from the factory causing the air bag light to come on. I can only be led to believe at this time that the problem is not only the wiring harness but that there is a much bigger problem in the air bag system malfunctioning during my being rearended and pushed into another vehicle in front of me and not one air bag in my vehicle deployed in this accident. This is a very serious issue and life threatening and now I am stuck with a vehicle that is less safe than stated it is.

- Nashville, TN, USA