2013 Dodge Challenger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Challenger:

2013 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Dec 022014

Challenger 6-cyl

Vehicle warning lights started coming on... ESC, ABS, brakes, dashboard went dark no radio or nav. Power steering failed. Was able to bring vehicle to a safe stop... vehjicle was completely dead.. will not start again...

- Oceanside, NY, USA

Jan 122014

Challenger 6-cyl

My son was driving this car going back to college on the I 49. He noticed smoke coming out of the trunk. He stopped, opened the trunk and it was on fire. Luckily he had a bottle of water and put the fire out. In the process he burnt his hand (minor burn). He called the fire department who showed up and told him that the battery or wiring had shorted out and caused a battery meltdown and a fire in the trunk. His clothes and speakers were burnt. The car is now sitting at the Dodge dealership in alexandria la. Dodge was contacted and so far has denied any manufacturing defect. This car is one year old. I know that there was a recall on this type vehicle last year. This may be related. I am afraid that even when repaired this may happen again. This is very unsafe and Dodge should take responsibility for their vehicles.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Apr 102013

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger rv. The contact stated that there was an interior electrical system failure, which caused the power outlets not to function. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Sanlealeandor, CA, USA

Mar 182013

I am wondering who Dodge is lying to NHTSA or the consumer. I got a phone call from Dodge customer care on 3/18/2013. A customer care person advised to stop driving the Challenger as there was a possible issue with fire hazard. Dodge indicated that there was no fix, but had to take the car to the dealership. I have called the dealership every day and they indicate that no fix has been issued by Chrysler and do not know how long it will take to find a fix. I call the customer care center and they have no clue what the fix is or time frame. I looked at your website and the recall notice indicates that the wiring to the starter is going to be replace. This is not what the Dodge customer care told me or the dealership. Either fraud is going on here or Chrysler is trying to cover themselves. I need an answer to fix my car.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Mar 182013

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Challenger. The contact stated that after receiving notification of NHTSA campaign id number:13V103000 (electrical system) the vehicle was towed to the dealer, who disconnected the battery the dealer did not provide any additional information regarding the recall repairs to the contact. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the recall and the manufacturer stated that they had no update on the recall. The contact did not have a defect prior to receiving the recall notice. The failure mileage was 2,300.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Challenger 6-cyl

Wonder why is it that your website 7 days after recall has nothing to view of the recall of 4459 vehicles with approx. 2500 effected, 7 fires (no injuries).

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Mar 192013

Challenger 6-cyl

I received a call from the car dealer (darcars Chrysler Jeep of rockville, md) that I purchased my vehicle from on 19 March 2013. I was told that my car was recalled for a safety issue. The problem is the engine starter positive terminal on my vehicle could short to ground and cause an electrical fire. An electrical fire could occur at any time regardless whether the vehicle is running or is in the key off position. As of 22 March 2013, there is no fix issued by the manufacturer. Furthermore, they (the dealership) can not give me a date when I will receive my automobile back.

- Bowie, MD, USA