6.9

2014 Dodge Challenger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Challenger:

2014 Dodge Challenger Owner Comments

May 012015

Challenger

The alternator recall was replaced and three weeks later on 5/1 the call stalled out quit in the middle of the road and towed the car to the dealer on the next day (Saturday). Dealer could not get to it until Tuesday. Again, I notice fluctuations in the fuel system week of June 7th. Gas gauge did not move for week from driving it a few times. Although the car shows 214 miles to empty. On 6/17, the car had to be towed again showing same systems as before with the fuel pump.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Mar 032014

Challenger

The vehicle stalls while driving, pulls right, satellite radio goes out.it has had a tipm and two computers in addition to two wiring repairs along with gas in the oil.there has been four oil changes in less than 3 months along with four tire rotations.the car has been in the dealerships for over thirty five days and out of service for over sixty days from February 2014 to in the shop at present July 28th 2014.I have been lied to.assulted and left in unsafe conditions along the highway in 110 degree temps. Left without transportation and I an an american on disabilities as I have stated to Chrysler and need my car for medical reasons.last week I cold not get my medications and went into a serious medical condition causing admittance to the emergency room at the local hospital because I had no way to get my medications.auto nation did over $2000 damage to my vehicle at the first repair.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Apr 212014

Challenger

5 days after purchasing a brand new Challenger, while on the way to work the engine light came on and about 2 minutes after the car shut off while in the carpool lane going bout 63 miles/hr. The car was reading about 200 miles to empty. The fuel sensors /pumps were not working and had to be replaced. At idle it runs rough, was compared to like vehicle the idle is not correct. The mileage per gallon is way under the advertised. Advertised fuel economy showing 21 mpg combined city/hwy. We get about 16 mpg city/hwy. We had nothing but trouble since we purchased the vehicle and no one is taking responsibility for the issues as the car seems to be a lemon. We had it in the shop 4 times now. We purchased a brand new car so that we wouldn't have issues. Very upset, frustrated, unhappy.

- Federal Way, WA, USA