1.7

2006 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Charger

I have a 2006 Dodge Charger that shuts off while driving. Vehicle has 97284 miles. I currently have the vehicle in for repair at phillips Chrysler Dodge Jeep in ocala fl. The PCM has been replaced but this issue still continues. Vehicle shuts off with out warning while driving.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Oct 082015

Charger

While driving the car will cut off. The lights have flickered off and on. The room needle goes down likes is cutting off and then goes back up. I have the Charger 2006 rt police package. This has happen while driving, turning at corner, and sitting at the light. These issues have been going on for the last 6 months.

- Pahrump, NV, USA

May 212014

Charger 8-cyl

When I fully fill and top off my gas tank the car stalls and sputters. I know I am not the only one having this problem as I have seen people complaining online. My car is a Dodge Charger rt 2006. This is unsafe and there should be an immediate recall the fix the vapor canister and the gas tank. It might be expensive but if your car is on the highway going 60 mph and power steering fails when you're driving it could be fatal. Fix this immediately.

- Saugus, MA, USA

May 042013

Charger 6-cyl

While driving on the highway going 60mph in the center lane during busy traffic and it was dark, the vehicle just shut completely off. I also had a my 14 month baby in the car. There was lost of power, steering was lost. I had to shift it in neutral and glide to the shoulder lane almost being hit by a truck. I turned the key off and tried to restart the car, after a few attempts the car started, when I shifted it in drive and proceeded to try and get back on the road it shut off again. The engine, ABS, traction control & electrical light was on. I tried restarting it and it started and drove like nothing had happened, even the lights were no longer on. I took it to the shop and they ran diagnostics and tried to duplicate the problem, they couldn't help me and says that until it happens again they can't do anything. I called the dealership and they said the same thing, they said that they have never heard of this happening. They said they would keep my vehicle and try to figure out what is going on, if they don't find anything than they would keep it and try to duplicate the problem and I could be without my car until they figure it out. Since the first incident it has happened at lease 10 more times. I researched it online and there are multiple cases of this happening with Chrysler vehicles. There is now an investigation ongoing but until then many owners have to deal with this problem or go without their vehicle. Many have said that it happened after refueling their car, for me it has happened a couple of times after refueling, but multiple times while it was at 1/2 and 1/4 tank. A really bad accident to include serious injuries and or death to the driver can happen and what will happen then? before this occurs something needs to be done immediately and the company should pay for the repairs to correct his issue. A recall needs to be issued immediately!

- Waipahu, HI, USA

May 042013

Charger 6-cyl

While driving on the highway going 60mph in the center lane during busy traffic and it was dark, the vehicle just shut completely off. I also had a my 14 month baby in the car. There was lost of power, steering was lost. I had to shift it in neutral and glide to the shoulder lane almost being hit by a truck. I turned the key off and tried to restart the car, after a few attempts the car started, when I shifted it in drive and proceeded to try and get back on the road it shut off again. The engine & electrical light was on. I tried restarting it and it started and drove like nothing had happened. I took it to the shop and they ran diagnostics and tried to duplicate the problem, they couldn't help me and says that until it happens again they can't do anything. I called the dealership and they said the same thing, they said that they have never heard of this happening. They said they would keep my vehicle and try to figure out what is going on, if they don't find anything than they would keep it and try to duplicate the problem and I could be without my car until they figure it out. I researched it online and there are multiple cases of this happening with Chrysler vehicles. There is now an investigation ongoing but until then many owners have to deal with this problem or go without their vehicle. A really bad accident to include serious injuries and or death to the driver can happen and what will happen then? before this occurs something needs to be done immediately and the company should pay for the repairs to correct his issue. A recall needs to be issued immediately!

- Waipahu, HI, USA

Mar 082012

Charger 6-cyl

The ABS, brake and traction control lights came on. Then when you hit the brakes you would feel a vibration. The brakes do not vibrate any more but all the lights are still on. There was a recall for the 2007 Charger for this but not the 2006.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Jan 262009

Charger

Traction control, stability control and brake assist quite working with no notice. Warning lights come on dash and go out not setting trouble code till completely stopped working.

- Sheridan, IN, USA