2006 Dodge Charger windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Dodge Charger:

2006 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jan 012011

Was traveling at 55 mph and slower with defroster on at 20 degree outside temperature. Windshield completely fogged up, had to pull of to side of road to clear windshield. Windshield only cleared about 2/3rds, and would nor clear on sides of windshield. I could not see around corners without opening windows. After a week of frustration and hazardous driving, I discovered from an online complaint that the recirculation cover on the heater blower was stuck open, and was not letting fresh air into the vehicle. I found that the arm that moves the cover had broken, so after removing my glove box, I manually closed this cover. After researching this, I found that this is a rather common in Chargers. I and everyone on the road around me were very lucky that this did not cause an accident. I feel that Dodge should be making owners aware of this hazardous problem, and since it is a common problem, there should be a re-call. For a vehicle owner to fix this $30 part, the repair bill is almost $900 due to the extensive job of removing the whole dashboard and steering column, and all associated parts. I was fortunate enough to find the problem before I or anyone else got hurt, but others may not be so fortunate.

- Lowville, NY, USA

Jan 022010

Greetings, on 01/02/2009 at 09:30 a.M. ct (time & date I reported the incident to my insurance : claim #: 09-4104090), Iżve decided to warm up my car (2006 Dodge Charger rwd) after 2 weeks. I started the engine fine and then right when I close the driver door; I heard a big bang shattering noise from the back (like someone has dropped a heavy rock on the rear window). I turned around to lock and it was my rear window that was just shattered in pieces (note: The car was still in parking gear). I would to have this incident investigate for manufacturer defect. I donżT understand how the window can break by itself. IżM the first owner and bought the car brand new from Dodge dealership in omaha, ne in 2006. For any additional information, please contact me.

- Denver, CO, USA