2008 Dodge Charger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Charger:

2008 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Charger

I purchased a car from johnny auto sales off florin rd. I was told the car had never been in an accident, clean car fax. The only major thing was the engine had been replaced. The check engine lt and the tire indicator lt were on and johnny said he would make sure to fix the issue w/lights. I kept getting flat tires. I told johnny my tires are bald and keep going flat. He told me to go to his tire guy and he would pay for used tires to be put on. I did just that. They replaced my tires and johnny signed for them. I continued getting flar tire so I went back to the tire shop and had my tires checked. They said no problems with the tires. So they checked my rims. Cracked. My rim on the back passenger side was cracked. I called johnny and he says well how does he know I didn't drive the car hard. So I figured I was not going to get anywhere with him I went and bought my own tires and rims so I know there would be no problems and have a warranty. Now I needed an alignment and to get theverything tire indicator light off. So I took the car to pep boys, Firestone and les schwab. All 3 places refused to give me an alignment. Reason being... bent subframe. I got a printout of how my tires should be and what they were and the result is... not safe. Clearly my car has had some type of damage due to an accident to cause a bent subframe. Then the guys point out all the bondo on the passenger side. All the way to the glue in the trunk. Like someone cut the trunk and glued it back on. Still no help from johnny. The interior carpet doesn't even belong to an 08 Charger. It came from a newer model Charger. He pieced this car together to satisfy his greed while putting people like myself in danger. I have children that ride with me. My question to johnny is... would you be ok with this situation if it was you" and ur children ride in this car" exactly my point...

- North Highlands, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. While driving approximately 35 mph, the esp and ABS warning lights illuminated. Also, when the speed reached above 35 mph, the check engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the gear shift switched gears independently without the brake pedal being depressed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the wireless ignition node needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nov 052011

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the contact was rear ended which caused the vehicle to crash into the vehicle in front. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to the neck and back which required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was repaired. The details of the repairs were unknown. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 232014

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. While driving 45 mph over a bump, the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power and the ABS malfunctioned. The contact mentioned that the ABS system resumed normal operation after numerous attempts. The warning indicators illuminated only after the malfunction occurred. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 83,668.

- Latson, SC, USA

Nov 042014

Charger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the brakes failed to respond without warning and the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact stated that all of the gauges became inoperable and an unknown warning light illuminated. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 117,000.

- Gainesville, GA, USA

Dec 092014

Charger 4WD 6-cyl

I was driving on the parkway approx. 60mph, the breaks felt like they were slowing down the car without being pressed. The warning lights were also going off and on. On the second road, I was going 40mph when the fuel light suddenly came on, but my gas tank was half full. The needle on the car tank went to empty then the car just shut off in the middle of the road. I managed to steer it to the side, and it restarted again.

- Laurel, MD, USA