2008 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Charger:

2008 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 17 of 17)

Sep 242011

Charger 6-cyl

2008 Dodge Charger catches on fire while traveling on the interstate. No sensor lights or warning signs given. The fire apparently started at the front right side of the hood. In less than 10 minutes, the fire spread throughout the wiring system of the car which caused the entire car to engulf in flames. Fire department stated that it was an electrical fire. Chrysler was notified and decided to investigate the situation. Chrysler stated that they were unable to disclose any information about the cause of the fire. The only response we received from Chrysler was an apology.

- Deatsville, AL, USA

Apr 012011

Charger 6-cyl

There is a delay in the car starting when you turn the key fobs to start it takes 3 or 4 seconds to start up.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Jul 192011

Charger 6-cyl

My 2008 Dodge Charger has had multiple electrical issues. Two months ago the passenger window wouldn't roll down then it worked again a few days later, approx 2 weeks ago I was turning a corner and the car just shut off. It restarted without problems. Today, the stereo system wont come on and my warranty went out 9 days ago.

- Amarillo, TX, USA

Jul 012011

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger, which has had several electrical problems to occur since I purchased the vehicle in Aug., 2008. 2 of the problems could have caused serious injury if I had wrecked when the sterring wheel locked or just the other day the fan blade motors locked up and bursted my radiaotr. This vehicle is too new to have so many defects, especiall linking to electrical matters that are not recognized by the power-train warranty, which I feel should have all been covered the the warranty. After reading, I wish this was brought to my attention before making the decision on this Dodge vehicle. The car has several years before being paid off, but I am now terrified to continue driving this vehicle knowing anything, unplainable can happen at anytime. Something needs to be done about Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep for putting people's lives in danger.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Feb 012011

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Charger. The contact was driving approximately 50 mph when the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that the computer would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was contacted but did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 67,000.

- Clifton , NJ, USA

Jan 172011

Charger 6-cyl

This is a law enforcement vehicle the officer started it to let it warm up. The vehicle had been running for about 10 minutes when he noticed smoke coming from the windows. The fire originated in the instrument panel and destroyed the drivers side of the dash, head liner, steering wheel, seat and windshield. The rest of the interior has heavy smoke damage vehicle is a total loss.

- Asheville, NC, USA

May 142010

Charger 6-cyl

My 2008 Dodge Charger will lose A/C, radio, turn signals and power steering while driving and sometimes stall out completely when this happens while driving. Have taken it to dealer 10 times for same problem - dealer has replaced steering column module 3 times but I am still having same problem. This started happening in May 2010 then more frequent in November 2010 and just happened again yesterday (12-15-2010). Dealer placed flight recorder in vehicle and while I was driving with that installed I lost A/C, radio and turn signals. Dealer could not figure out the problem so they sent results from flight recorder to Chrysler - as of today I still have not heard back from the dealer. Needless to say I am feeling very uncomfortable driving this car (especially with my children inside) not knowing when the car will decide to lose all power and stall while driving..

- North Port, FL, USA

Dec 042009

I purchased a 2008 Dodge Charger in the first month it was having electrical issues were I would loose power to the dash board and the lights then the car would just shut off. I took it in for repair and they replaced the relay. The car continued to have these issues not frequently enough were the dealership would let me bring it in. 12 months go buy and I bring it in to the dealership anyway and they said they could not regenerate the problem. 2 months later the car caught on fire from the trunk and burned to the ground. The fire marshall did not do a forensic investigation but said it obviously looks to have started with the battery and I agreed with the amount of electrical problems I had with this car. There was no after-market anything on this car it was all stock. Dodge will not help or release any info to me in regards to the problem. They wont even talk to me. 3 months later I moved to Arizona and met a person who had the same problem.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Dec 012009

After four attempts my 2008 Dodge Charger is still having complete electrical failure and will go back in the shop on Tuesday while driving home at night the lights go out you loose complete electrical failure, to fix the problem come to a safe stop if you can, turn off the car and then turn the car back on..

- Monticello, AR, USA

Jul 142008

Cruise shuts off continually at random short as 30 sec or as long as 15 minutes. Speedometer also will shut off and go to 0 mph then kick back on.

- Spokane, WA, USA