2009 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Dodge Charger:

2009 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 142016

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mt. Vernon, IL, USA

Nov 022016

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V352000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Glendora, CA, USA

Sep 252016

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. While the contact's vehicle was parked, it was crashed into by another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact was not injured. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a towing lot. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Palatine, IL, USA

Oct 052016

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10 mph and making a right turn, a popping noise was present coming from the steering column before the air bag and traction control warning lights illuminated. The steering wheel suddenly could not be turned in either direction. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that clock wheel needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,000.

- Pheonix, AZ, USA

Jul 132015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V313000 (air bags) and 16V352000 (air bags). The parts were not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the parts would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Oneida, TN, USA

May 012015

Charger

Dodge dealership in watsonville ca told me never to bring my car to be fixed by them again, mostly because I have a lifetime warranty and purchased an additional small parts lifetime warranty and every time I take it in to be fixed, it comes out with the same problem. But I digress.. I do not beleive they will call me at all for the recall airbag driver's side repair. It has been at least a year and a half, since the recall was issued.

- Watsonville, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Charger

The contact owned a 2009 Dodge Charger. While at a stop sign, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of the preceding vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed and totaled by the insurance company. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 125,000.

- Goodyear, AZ, USA

Sep 212015

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. While driving 30 mph, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The vehicle was taken to a dealer to be repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 91,000.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jan 072016

Charger

My family and I were involved in an accident and the airbags did not deploy, not one and it was the front end of car that was impacted on us hwy 19 in the rain. We did sustain injuries and are still working on our recovery, but had the airbags went off we may have been saved from some of the damage to our bodies. I just wanted to let you all know and I have already passed the info along to my lawyer, I just hope something is done so that when airbags are needed people receive them deployed on time unlike ours that never even thought about coming out.

- New Port Richey, FL, USA

Jun 152016

Charger

I have contacted the Dodge dealship in lugoff SC twice regarding the recall on the airbag. They put me on list to call when they have a replacement or a way to fix it. It has been over a year. I still have not received a call but I got a 3rd recall notice.

- Camden, SC, USA

Sep 012015

Charger

Driver airbag inflator recall: We have been trying to get our dealer in anderson SC to fix this recall issue since Sept. 2015, it is now may of 2016 and dealer still says they do not have parts. I want to know why it is taking so long to get this repaired.

- Central, SC, USA

Oct 072015

Charger

The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Mar 052016

Charger

I towed to hollywood Chrysler Jeep for car repair. They said they would fix take care of everything. 3/5/16 received a phone call from them at about 2:00 and was told that they had fixed the car and only had to replace the wire harness. I arrived at there between 3:30-4:00 on 03/05/2016. I paid they then gave me a business card for L.a. towing told me I would probably need a tow soon. The steering wheel was upside down when I received the car back. I started the car it made a grinding sound and kept cutting off while I was driving from starter left loose.asked why they didn't fix it just have it towed back when it breaks down again.on 03/ 07 the car broke down again completely. From the time I received it from hollywood Chrysler Jeep the car kept cutting off at almost every ten minutes. On 3/7/16 it wouldn't crank anymore so I had to leave the car there. It got towed about 4-5 days later by ems towing. It is still there. The customer service supervisor he stated that they were not obligated to fix the car only to get it running and that's it. He said that they were not obligated to put the steering wheel on correctly even though they performed the recall. I then asked him to show me proof of the wire harness replacement and he stated that they repaired not replaced the wire harness. I then asked about the estimate to show exactly what was the issues because their description of the problem on the estimate page was only a reiteration on my observation. He stated they didn't have to tell me what was wrong, only get the car started that's all. He stated that they were not under any obligation to fix what was wrong, though the only reason I towed to them was to have it repaired. Asked why did his mechanics leave the starter loose because that was the main issue that I brought the car there for. He said you don't expect for us to fix the whole car do you.

- Oakland Park, FL, USA

May 012015

Charger 8-cyl

2009 Dodge Charger. Consumer writes in regards to airbag inflator replacement parts not available to repair recall notice.

- South Milwaukee, WI, USA

Jan 102015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Sykesville, MD, USA

Dec 112015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- San Angelo, TX, USA

May 272015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Campbell, MO, USA

Sep 012015

Charger

Received safety recall R25/NHTSA 15V-313. Have attempted since September of 2015 to get recall fixed by kahlo Dodge, noblesville Indiana where vehicle purchased. I have been without success. Called shelly, who is in charge of recalls and have been ignored. Called 11/7/15 and told again the part was not available still from Dodge/Chrysler. Originally in September she told me 2-3 weeks. It is now almost February and I have still not received a call to repair.

- Westfield, IN, USA

Sep 042015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Brandywine, MD, USA

Aug 312015

Charger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Dodge Charger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hillsborough, CA, USA