2011 Dodge Charger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 192015

Charger 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. While driving at an unknown speed, fuel fumes emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer; however, the dealer was unable to determine the origin of the odor. Later, the contact noticed fuel leaking from the fuel tank on the rear passenger side of the vehicle. The vehicle was inspected a second time and the technician diagnosed that the fuel tank needed replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 77,500. MA 10/23/2015 updated 03/03/16.

- Southhaven, MO, USA

Mar 042015

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. While driving at 60 mph, the vehicle lost power. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel injector and alternator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. However, the vehicle stalled immediately after repair. Also, the contact noticed smoke coming from the front of the vehicle and a burning odor. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the alternator and hose needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

May 152013

Charger 8-cyl

Last year 2013, right around 35000 miles in my 2011 Dodge Charger, I took it in to my dealership because the engine light came on, their response was that it had something to do with the fuel but they could not tell me exactly what the problem was because the analysis would not specify it, and we also told them that we could smell gas, they said that it could be the gas cap but that was it.we found out it was only when we filled the tank so I was putting only 20 dllrs cause we did not want the smell in the car.on April 2014 we went to phoenix which is a 3 hour drive and when we were about to come back my brother-in-law noticed something was leaking from under the car, we found out it was gas coming from the tank, we risked it and took the road back to the house.the next day I went to the dealer again and told them about what happened and their response was that the warranty had already expired and if I wanted it fixed I would have to pay for whatever costs it would take to do so, I said that I had taken it before I ran out on the warranty, again they said they could not do anything about it.while searching in the internet I saw some articles describing the same situation that I have, faulty gas hoses, called the dealer again and again the same response, that if I wanted to be safe I would have to fix it myself.

- Somerton, AZ, USA