2011 Dodge Charger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Dodge Charger:

2011 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jan 042016

I have the following issues with my 2011 Dodge Charger SE: 1 - the vehicle has "clicking" noise coming from the front passenger side when powering on the vehicle's heater. The noise lasts for about 25 seconds before it stops. This is a constant re-occurrence. The noise also occurs randomly, both when the vehicle is powered on and off. 2 - the trunk keeps popping open every time I start the vehicle. It also opens randomly throughout the day, even when the vehicle is locked and secured. The only method to open the trunk now is from the button inside the vehicle located on the dash. 3 - the braking system is sometimes hesitant when trying to stop the vehicle. I do not have official paperwork pertaining to these incidents as of current, however, I am finding that people who own this make and model in similar years are experiencing similar issues.

- Jerusalem, OH, USA

Feb 212016

The contact owns a 2011 Dodge Charger. While driving 30 mph, the headlamps and all the warning lights on the instrument cluster illuminated. In addition, the steering wheel became difficult to turn and the vehicle jerked. I had to apply force to the steering wheel. Car was taken to Dodge dealer ship I received a call and stated that the alternator and battery needed to be replaced. I replace both things and car still having same isue

- Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA

Sep 272015

On Sept 27,2015 without warning my gear shift became stuck in park. I was not able to move the gear shift out of park. I was not able to pick up my daughter from another part of town who was stranded by herself for 1 hr plus. As a car owner I'm livid because this has been a danger and inconvenience. This car has less than 80,000 miles on it and should not have these issues. I know I'm not the first and wont be the last with this compliant. This part should be placed under investigation and the part should be recalled.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Oct 112014

After refueling my 2011 Dodge Charger and turning it on a strong smell of gas filled the car. When I pulled over after driving a while I checked the gas tank door to make sure it was sealed and it was. I walked around the car to see if I could see any leaks there was none but there was a strong gas order coming from the back passenger side door/wheel and back driver side door/wheel, now I can only fill my tank half way. The driver side A/C was making a clicking sound whenever I would put it on and it would take a while to adjust to the setting I would want. The clicking noise would continue while the A/C was on.after a while the clicking noise would stop but there would be a humming noise. Now the driver side A/C only blows hot air and so does the back A/C.

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Aug 052015

Started car Wednesday morning. Struggled to start but did start. Later that day went to put gas and struggled even longer to start but did. Immediately drove it straight to a mechanic and car would no longer start. All you heard was clicking. Had it towed 40 miles away to my local dealership. They confirmed it was the starter. Really"? starter issues at 83000?" so far have had to replace cam shaft sensor, faulty headlamps, air bags, ABS and brake system, alternator, battery, valve cover gaskets, and now starter. Car is only 4 years old.

- Petaluma, CA, USA

Jul 132015

I owned and purchased my 2011 Dodge Charger since 5-17-2014. On 7-13-2015, my son was getting ready to leave art institutes of atlanta/Decatur, the 2011 Charger he was operating would not crank. After the wrecker arrived to get ready and tow, the car cranked and he made it home from Decatur, ga to mcdonough, ga. The next day, 7-14-2015, I tried to start the car and it wouldn't crank till I called a wrecker on 7-16-15 to tow the vehicle to landmark Dodge in morrow, ga. They called me on 7-20-2015 and informed me my warranty or Chrysler would not cover the issue bothering the car (lost engine ground and melted ground wire, left side engine at motor mount). They tested the electric system, starter, starter wiring and relay, and tightened all engine grounds, replaced engine ground left side at motor mount. It was repaired on 7-20-2015. The repair came up to $308.29 (parts and labor). Please investigate this matter on the 2011 Charger before it happens to someone else and it really costed me. Updated 9/28/15

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 162015

Engine came on. Car would not start. Had to jump start car

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 122015

With vehicle in park and brake peddle pushed down, gear shifter would no shift from park to any gear. Turned car off and open door then shut door. Restarted the car and still same results. Looked under the steering column and found a metal bracket had fallen out from the shift column. Upon replacing the metal bracket, shifter would shift to any gear but would not go back into park. Shifter would stop in neutral and not go to reverse or park. Upon tilting the metal bracket that had fallen, the transmission would return to reverse and park.

- Martinez, GA, USA

Aug 182014

ABS light came on car running rough and black smoke under hood. In traffic and my son almost had accident exiting roadway. Found to be alternator and this is an ongoing issue with 2011/12 Dodge Chargers according to dealership..

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 202014

Charger 6-cyl

While driving on Sunday evening around 8:30 pm about 2 miles from my home going to get some cold medicines my car all of a sudden the radio stop working and it started stalling and my ABS brakes light and traction control lights came on and was about to cut off and everything just stop working was able to get it off the road. Remember smelling something that was burning no smoke or fire have done research on the internet and there are several complaints about people having the same problem with the same amount of mileage as my car or lesser. Did call Dodge and they had no complaints they claim of this problem but it could have happen due to a recent recall they call a M10. No other assistance from the maker of this car but it needs to be investigated period.if it is the alternator and battery it is costing over $1000 to get the repairs done and this is bad when the warranty just went out on it. Not including car note and car insurance.

- Douglasville, GA, USA

Dec 012012

Letter from senator johanns on behalf of constituents regarding her 2011 Dodge Charger safety issues. (experiencing carbon monoxide) the consumer stated she and her son became severely ill.

- North Platte, NE, USA