2013 Dodge Charger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Apr 152015

04/15/2015 there was a mutual accident or faulty due to second driver being blinded by a truck on a merge into a drive thru banking at pnc bank N 87th and cottage grove Chicago, Illinois. I was sitting in the turn and the other car hit the vehicle at 45 mph on a 30 mph speed limit. There was minimal damage to the other drivers front bumper, also structural damage to mine. However, the entire bumper fell off the vehicle, there is approximately 4500 dollars worth of repairs to be done. At any rate the bumper should have sustained a dent or crack not the entire bumper fall off and all plastic pieces holding it together either. What it is with a 20K + car that a hit even at that speed would take the entire bumper off a car and all pieces have to be replaced along with the condenser. That's a really bum deal for a car that supposed to be safe. It can't handle nothing. But an older car can please investigate car structure for defects. Obviously there is and not fair at all please allow manufacture to do repairs not fair at all. Who makes a bumper on any car plastic and the screws too. Please help not fair

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 042014

Charger 8-cyl

Wife complained of trunk opening by itself. Car has keyless passive entry system and I suspected she was accidentally hitting the trunk release button. Problem became progressively worse and on two occasions she had to stop on the side of busy highways to close the trunk putting her at a substantial risk of injury or death. A brief online search shows an historical problem involving this complaint. At first the problem was humorous but after her having to stop on the lie the humor quickly faded and concern arose. The car is at the dealer for a fix and I expressed my concern and was blown off. This may not be the typical safety problem associated with potential injurious events but an unforeseen or unexpected reaction to this situation could lead to unintended accidents.

- Selden, NY, USA

Oct 222013

Charger 6-cyl

I was driving home from work around 2am on Tuesday morning 10/22/2013. I was just coming out of a construction zone and it just turned back to 55mph. I was going approximately 45 mph when all of a sudden I heard something in the front end and the steering wheel began to shake and it started moving back and forth without me moving it. I lost all control over the vehicle and it shot me over towards the right and slammed me into the guardrail. I continued to try to move the wheel to the left to get the car away from the guardrail but the whole car slid up against the guardrail before I could regain control and move the car away from the guardrail. This car was bought on 10/10/2013. I didn't even have it for two full weeks before this happened. There is almost $12,000 worth of damage done to the car. I have filed a claim with Chrysler group regarding this and they inspected the vehicle but according to them there was too much damage to tell exactly what happened so they aren't willing to do anything for me. I am a very experienced and safe driver, someone who has driven tractor trailer over the road for 5 years and if you look at my driving record it would match up with what I am saying. There was something very wrong with that vehicle that night and I could have been seriously hurt or even killed. The fact that my wife and I bought this car less than two weeks before the accident and Chrysler wants nothing to do with it is very disheartening. And I now have to keep driving this same car and worry every single day that something like this is going to happen again.

- Rome, NY, USA