2013 Dodge Charger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Charger:

2013 Dodge Charger Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 232014

My airbag light came on and stayed on. I referred to the owner's manual, which stated to seek service immediately. I went to the dealership where I purchased my new vehicle. I was told oh there's a recall, we need to make you an appointment. I took my car in on the scheduled day, but the next day I was told that its a wiring issue and the airbags may not deploy. The factory warranty expired so you're responsible is what I was told by the dealership and Chrysler group llc. I disagree since this could potentially be a factory defect. No preliminary investigation since this same issue is known with the 2012 models. What does it take before a recall is issued on these Dodge Chargers. Any information you provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks concerned military service member

- Riverview, FL, USA

Feb 052013

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Charger. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the trunk opened without manual force as the air bag light illuminated on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis where it was stated that the trunk motor needed to be replaced and the lower seat harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the air bag light continued to illuminate. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 2,700.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA