5.3

2015 Dodge Charger electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Charger:

2015 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Nov 212016

Charger

I was driving my vehicle around 65-70 mph on the freeway when I went to step on my break pedal the vehicle did not slow down when I went to change lanes due to this my gs pedal would not go faster after either. A indicator light appeared in my cluster but I was unable to read it due to my panic of loosing my breaks and gas pedal. Late that night I took it to huntington beach Dodge and Jeep service and service advisor bob said that there was a system code that indicated loss signal to breaks and gas pedals. The repair order indicated that the break and gas pedal was not calibrated properly causing the issue. This is great concer to being that it is a safety matter that can cause a accident or that can result in great bodily injury or death. I had tow friends in the car with me at the time too.

- Costa Mesa, CA, USA

Aug 062016

Charger

Upon arriving home after an 800 mile trip, (in the evening around 10:30 pm) when shifting into reverse to back into driveway, I experienced a complete ECU controller failure and everything went black. And engine died. After a few seconds it appears the computer rebooted itself and the dash came back up and the car restarted. It appears there is a real-time program bug in the car and the firmware needs to be investigated. Had this happened on the road, it would have cause a serious crash. I was then able to back into the driveway. No error code was posted! I believe that the realtime software is experiencing frame overruns and we know that causes runaway conditions like in the Toyota Camry. I believe the NHTSA should review every car firmware before release to insure spare time requirements are met and runaway conditions can not exist. (yes, I used to develop real time software for control systems)

- Deltona, FL, USA

Mar 132015

Charger 8-cyl

There is rust on the steering knuckle near the U ball joint near the front suspension coils next to the front tires. Also the navigation and uconnect are messing up.

- Adelanto, CA, USA