8.0

1996 Dodge Dakota electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Dakota:

1996 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 122007

Dakota XLT V6

I have had an intermittent electrical problem that makes it seem like the engine wants to choke out and stall or a plugged fuel filter. I say electrical because here are the symptoms:

Start the truck and sometimes the airbag light and brake light stays on, no electrical to windows, heater or other dash. After several minutes that kicks off and I have everything back.

I will go down the road about a mile or so and then it acts like it wants to choke and stall, I kick it into neutral and feather it to get where I need to go or make a stop. It will die at stops etc if I don't keep gas going to it above idle. Is it the computer or a module? I do not know. Any help is appreciated. I have an appointment to have it looked at but don't want to get ripped off.

- , Kemmerer, WY, USA