2. replace, move wiring harness in steering column (1 reports)
2001 Dodge Dakota electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Feb 222011

Dakota SLT 4.7L

My steering wheel has to be in the lowest spot possible for my dash lights, my turn signals, hazards for anything to work. If I don't have it in that spot they wont work period. I am positive there is something in the steering wheel pinching off the wires and breaking the connection. Literally I can turn my signal on and leave it on, unlock the steering column and raise it up and down to watch them stop working, and start working again as soon as it reaches the lowest possible lock.

- , mount vernon, OH, USA

Jan 022008

Dakota Sport 3.9L V6

I have a 2001 dodge Dakota with 17,500 miles. the electrical has been slowly deteriorating it all started when the flashers would come on when you turned on the right turn signal this problem has snow balled and now the brake light wont work but the tail light does, the radio shorts out along with the wind shield wipers and the flashers always come on with the turn signal. does any one else have this problem?

- , Lexington, KY, USA

Jan 312007

Dakota R/T 5.9L V8

I have had 7 different alternator's installed the pcm replaced, wiring checked by a dodge dealer and they said they can't find anything wrong but admit they notice the dash lights and headlights still flicker-they told me there no longer working on my truck quote ( washing our hands of it). Other shops i took it to said the new pcm might be defective but the dealer refuses to fix, repair or replace. trouble started on the middle of Dec.2006 and continues. are there any respectable repair shops in ocean or momouth county new jersey that can help me fix my truck.

- , Brick, NJ, USA