2001 Dodge Dakota engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Dodge Dakota:

2001 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Dec 032014

I was driving in a small neighborhood and I hear a very distinct ticking noise coming from the front passenger side, after I looked at the area I noticed that the exhaust manifold bolts and heat shield were broke. This can cause exhaust fumes to come into the car while driving and should be taken care of.

- Melville, NY, USA

Mar 072014

My Dodge Dakota with the 4.7 engine races all the time. When I first start it, it races and it also does it when shifting gears. When I go from one gear to another I have to put it in neutral until it stops racing and then put it in either reverse or forward. It also does this when I come to a stop sign or red light it races and I have to push harder on the break pedal to keep it from going forward until it comes down to normal speed. I don't know how many times I came close to hitting the person setting in front of me from the engine racing.

- Lock Haven, PA, USA

Jun 012010

Engine shuts off when turning right at 90 degree angle and must be put into park and restarted.

- Atlanta, GA, USA