6.0

2002 Dodge Dakota electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Dodge Dakota:

2002 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Jul 112016

Dakota R/T 5.9L

This is the fifth (5th) time I have had to replace this item in this vehicle. Last time I was told it might be caused by a short in the blower motor so I replaced the blower motor with one that is much louder. Turns out that was not the problem.

I think it must be a spike in the voltage or current (don't know enough about electronics to know which). The fuse does not blow however. I am thinking of putting an inline choke (I believe it is called this, to regulate whatever it regulates) or a fast blow fuse.

- , Burlington, ON, Canada