2003 Dodge Dakota accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Dodge Dakota:

2003 Dodge Dakota Owner Comments

Nov 152003

When the truck is started and put into drive it hesitates then shifts really hard. Also when the truck is started and allowed to warm up for around three minutes it dies when it is put in reverse. When it does this none of the lights on the instrument panel come on. The truck just dies. I have had the truck into the dealership four times now. The first time I took it in, the dealership told me that they couldn't get the problem to replicate and told me to bring it back when it got worse. I am now on my forth attempt to get the problem fixed and they are continuing to tell me that they can't get the problem to replicate. So I went to the dealership and replicated the problem for them. That was on 10-27-03. It is now 11-06-03 and they called me today to tell me that they still can't get the truck to replicate. But they have hooked up a "co-Pilot" which will read the trucks computer and hopefully catch the problem. I am having a really hard time believing that they can't replicate the problem. I have had the truck for three months now and the damn thing has died every single time I have put it in reverse. I am positive that I am being bent over. I know that I will never buy another Chrysler again.

- Mcclure, MO, USA