- April 25: Dodge Dart Clutch Lawsuit Should be Dismissed, Says Chrysler news | 3 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 4 days ago
- April 17: Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler Valve Stems Focus of Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- March 24: Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Lawsuit Will Be Settled news | 35 days ago
- February 19: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 recalls | 68 days ago
NHTSA — Structure Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 4,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
body / paint problem