- February 19: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 recalls | 32 days ago
- January 30: Daimler Vans USA Recalls Vans Over Takata Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- January 8: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Trucks and SUVs to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
2013 Dodge Dart
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.
For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.
For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.
Worst 2013 Dart Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems62NHTSA complaints: 126
- transmission problems45NHTSA complaints: 1
- interior accessories problems44NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems35NHTSA complaints: 97
- wheels / hubs problems23NHTSA complaints: 42
- brakes problems20NHTSA complaints: 235
- body / paint problems15NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems10NHTSA complaints: 1
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 3
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems5
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 7
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 41
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- exhaust system problems2
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 229
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 37
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Dart Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Dart compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Dart overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Dart.