CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 5 of 12)

Dec 012015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Pole, AK, USA

Jul 152015

Dart

My vehicle is completely unreliable. Any time the speed reaches 40 mph or more it gives a transmission service message and shuts off. Additionally if it is idle for any length of time (as in a drive-thru) it will shut off then as well. There has been a recall on this car but the parts are not even available. I have a piece of junk in my driveway that I am currently making payments on as well as full coverage insurance. Very fed-up and disappointed that I have no leagle recourse!!! I am just expected to continue to pay for an undriveable car.

- Russellville, AR, USA

Dec 232015

Dart

Came up to a stop sign, drove off and went to shift into 2nd (standard transmission) and my shifter was loose. Gear is stuck in first.

- Comfort, TX, USA

Dec 222015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to do the recall repair. While driving at various speeds, the gear shift malfunctioned. The dealer stated that the transmission fluid was not due to be changed; however, the owners manual indicated that the transmission fluid needed to be changed at 50,000 miles. The vehicle was not repaired and the transmission fluid was not changed. The failure mileage was approximately 52,000. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 04/21/2016 the consumer stated there was an odor inside the vehicle, after driving for a while. Updated 04/28/16.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Nov 252015

Dart

Certain times car will not start. Once vehicle is able to start dash will say service transmission and gear not available. That is for forward or reverse. While driving feels like transmission would shift from 1 to 3 gear. No power and absolutely no awnser from dealership on problem

- Salisbury, MD, USA

Nov 152015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Oct 052015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time to do the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Sault Ste Marie, MI, USA

Oct 082015

- Mansfield, MA, USA

Nov 092015

Dart

I got a recall letter for the tcm (that was a month ago.) have had my car in three times because it wouldn't start since I got the letter. Had to have it towed two of the three times. Was in yesterday & was told the problem is the recalled part & there is nothing they can do until I get the second notice stating the part is ready. It is a gamble every time I go to start my car as to whether or not I will be able to get where I'm going. The car has shifted into neutral on 3 separate occasions all of which has been @ a stop sign with my foot on the brake. If this isn't going to be resolved till sometime in January maybe there should be dealer cars made available for us to use. I bought a new car so I would have reliable transportation & I'm not feeling that's what I've got right now. I love my car but I'm very frustrated right now. Thank you

- Cazenovia, NY, USA

Nov 152015

Dart

I have a 2013 Dodge Dart. After 2 years, the clutch suddenly stuck to the floor, the vehicle inoperable; it needed a new master cylinder. A few months later, I started noticing it sticking again, but it could be pulled out by using my foot to pop it back out. So I promptly took it to the dealer. They said everything was normal. Last month, the clutch went out again. Had to be towed to the dealer. Now it seems they are replacing the entire clutch kit. Told me the flywheel was completely burned out. And tried to blame my driving, saying the flywheel was normal when they evaluated it. No way, Dodge. Now they've had my car since November 16th, today being Dec. 3, and it still won't be fixed until well into next week. And the rental car is out of my pocket.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Aug 012015

Dart

I have not been notified at all on my recalls. There has been several things I've called my dealership on and I thought it had been fixed not knowing it was a recall. But it is not fixed. My transmission won't let me put car in reverse very easy. My car engine rpms get higher when I approach to stop. It acts like it's not getting enough fuel St times like it cuts out. My bluetooth is hard to connect. My front driver tire has wore out 2 side walls tires but has never went flat but never shows it's very low but it is never the same as others. My car front driver makes a noise like suspension is messed up and it's very rough riding. I no longer get good gas mileage. When I go to park my car it wants to roll aft err being put in park. The breaks are very touchy. Barely graze the pedal and you'll hit the steering wheel. I wanted a new car all my life and after 35 years I was finally able to get one and I'm still in the same position as before. Please help on what to-do considering I've yet to even receive anything about my car having any recall. And I've got 2 kids that I'm raising alone andi'm it says can cause accident why can't I get a replacement car till they get the parts to make my car safe. I'm very unhappy

- Rocky, OK, USA

Sep 282015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mason, OH, USA

Jul 062015

Dart

This car when cold.he runs, // when it is hot stop inexplicably..I want know.what to do because I live in venezuela..//here you can not afford to fix it...ineed your help..please..so I work at the embassy of brazil..;;I worked in New York..I brought this car there..you guys think it is possible..chyrysler seek this car here to fix for me..so I love this car..now I bought Grand Cherokee, ,.but ilove my Dodge..this car has only7.000.miles..now my car just gets in garage...obs obs..avery sad thing happened to me I was in miami Chrysler store in ventura.they sold me the wrong computer.;and even stayed wth my old computer..they sold me this computer doesn't.plugue cables in my car...please helpe me...

- Caracas Venezuela, NY, USA

Nov 272015

Dart

Backing out of driveway the gearshift stood on reverse. I had to engage emergency brakes to stop. The gearshift stood in reverse and will not move to any other gear. Towed to dealer and found it was the gearshift cable dislodged. I had to pay $390 dollars to get it repaired. The vehicle is less than 3 years and the shift gear cable snapped. Thank god there were no vehicles or pedestrians present.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Nov 092015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact stated that the ignition key became stuck in the vehicle on numerous occasions. The failure mileage was unknown.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Nov 192015

Dart

The car won't start, service transmission indicator light, check engine light comes on, car makes loud noise from the engine. The car moves real slow and it doesn't shift gears and the prdn are all lit in red.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 122015

Dart

Car stalled while operating under full power on the interstate. It took approx. 3 minutes and it finally restarted. Took car to dealership. They state car is not part of any recall based on VIN #. they state stalling was result of extremely low oil. However, the care has no leak and does not burn oil. It is synthetic oil and it simply break downs and dissipates. I don't believe them. This is the second time this car has done this and the first time they re-flashed the computer with a software patch to fix problem.

- Spanaway, WA, USA

Oct 282015

- Minooka, IL, USA

Oct 282015

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V542000 (power train) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 12/30/15 updated 2/23/2016

- Minooka, IL, USA