Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Aug 222016

I have replaced the hi/lo beam headlamps multiple times, when I went to change it this time, the receiver plug housing on the wire harness is melted to the point that it will need to be replaced, unable to attach the new bulb and the old bulb was nearly fused due to the heat when it melted, luckily it did not catch on fire

- Othello, WA, USA

Aug 012015

Takata recall at approximately 35000 miles I began to notice a squeak in my front end when I would go over speed bumps. Now, it has progressed to a loud thump when I go over bumps or turn my wheel to the right. It feels like the shocks/struts are worn out.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Nov 062013

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that when turning on the motor, the vehicle indicated that the led license plate bulb failed. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer, who stated that the bulb needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer again. The dealer replaced the BCM however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 10. The VIN was not available.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jan 182016

When starting to slide on ice a notification flashes where your mileage should show but it disappears so quick due to the fact that the engine shuts down for a few seconds along with all electrical inside and outside of the vehicle ( no speedometer no stereo no touch screen no lights in or out) however while sliding if you let your foot off the break the engine and all the lights seem to reboot and the car gains power again. Not safe and scary as hell when driving in a upstate NY snow storm

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Nov 012013

Eight months after purchasing the vehicle the BCM (body control module) failed causing door locks and trunk release not the function this happened while the vehicle was stationary or in motion on city streets or the highway. After the BCM was replaced the interior lights stop functioning along with the dashboard lights flickering. This also happened while the vehicle was stationary or in motion on city streets or the highway. The vehicle traction control and cruise control both malfunction while the vehicle was stationary or in motion on city streets or the highway. Https://

- Redford, MI, USA

Oct 202014

Turned on car in the morning, noticed the back lighting on the instrument panel was really dim, I checked the dimming switch to see if I moved it by unknowingly. I tried adjusting the switches but nothing worked. I turned off the car and restarted it and no change they were still very dim. I went ahead and drove to my destination. On the trip there the lights for the instrument cluster/panel as well as the back lighting for my 8.4" screen and A/C and radio lights turned off for about 10 seconds, and then everything turned back on, but still very dim. I got to my destination turned off car, got out and left the car for about 20 minutes, came back and started it and everything was normal. Since then, it has happened everyday this week so far. I plan on contacting Dodge/Chrysler to see if they can assist before I go to the dealer.

- Manor, TX, USA

Sep 192014

Dart 4-cyl

The headlights on this car are extremely dim. The accident referenced above caused no damage because I was able to avoid going into a ditch at an intersection because of the slow speed. However, I cannot see anything in the side-ditches while driving at night. I reported this to my dealer and the service manager drove it both at night and in the morning darkness. When I asked him about it, he replied there was nothing wrong and "they are just not very bright, and were about like the Chrysler 200. My roommate has a Dodge charger 2014, and his lights are as bright as most cars lights are. As this situation in these Darts could cause deaths, I feel this model car should be checked out thoroughly and brighter headlights installed, and a recall made for those already on the road.

- Darlington, IN, USA

Jun 212014

Dart 4-cyl

I have had several issues with this car. For starters when driving it will all of a sudden stop going for no reason. The car didn't die it simply doesn't go. The RPM's stopped working on one occasion and the head light blew out all in the same night. Dealer said there was no connection, so I had to replace the head light for $100. They advised the ground wire was lose so they tightened it. I had my tire blow out for no reason just driving down the road and it blew. Now on occasions my automatic door locks aren't working. And still wont go when giving it gas. It sounds like there is some kind of electrical problem with this model vehicle. I love my car would want a new one. I do not feel safe driving this vehicle at the time until it is fixed. There are no recalls on the vehicle and my warranty is almost up with problems repeating. I don't know what else to do. I just wish Dodge would fix whatever problems there are.

- Kerens, TX, USA