CarComplaints.com Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Oct 092015

Dart

The contact rented a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond without warning. As a result, the contact veered off the road and crashed into an embankment. All the air bags deployed, but the driver side air bag failed to deploy. The contact sustained a head, neck, and back injury that required medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 65,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Ashland, AL, USA

Aug 102015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving 10 mph, the accelrator pedal seized and the contact's vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact stated that there were no injuries sustained in the crash. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 31,000.

- Caldwell, OH, USA

Jun 132013

Dart

I bought my car on May 6, 2013 and I have been taking my car to whitten brothers in ashland Virginia for all the service and repair work. On June 13, 2013 I had a recall done and all of the repairs started.the air bag wiring and harnesses replaced in June 2013. The turbo has been replace 4 times as of August 27, 2015. The waste gate actuator has been replace 3 times. 08/12/14 the vacuum sensor signal replaced power brake check valve and sadder and repaired 2 wires going to the vacuum sensor. Transmission control module has been replaced twice on 09/11/15. On 06/26/14 the cruise control switch was replaced but still does not work properly because the car is always having a problem which will stop it from working. On 06/26/14 the control panel was replaced. On 02/18/15 PCM radio wiring, right front door and subwoofer speakers replaced. On 08/27/15 front struts and back shock absorbers replaced. On 09/01/15 replaced battery and transmission light came on. I have recently had all the updates done on my car while its been in the shop and now I am tired of being taken advantage of by Chrysler. I should not have to lose thousands of dollars to trade or sell my car back to a dealer to get out of this nightmare. I want my car recalled back for a full refund because of the reoccurring problems I keep having. I have sent a lemon law letter to Chrysler on September 14, 2014 and put them on notice about all the problems with this car and demanded a buy back which in turn they gave me an extended warranty which has covered all the repair expenses. I also just settled a law suit with Chrysler through the law offices of krohn and moss in Chicago the lawyer did not pursue my case in court due to being out of state. So therefore, I only won $5,000 to cover the attorney fee of $3,500 leaving me $1,500. My total purchase price was $21,671 and that is what I am fighting for!

- Bruington, VA, USA

Aug 282015

Dart

The sensor light came on while I was driving with my father in the passenger side, and indicating that the seat belt is not buckled but it was, and the warning on the dash says air bag service deployed but the nothing came out, but I never hit anything, also the noise for the seat belt keeps going off as if the seat belt is not buckled when it is, I never had problem before with car its creepy and scared for my wife and father who sit iin the seat, please help me.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Jul 282015

Dart

The contact owned a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while the driver driving at approximately 45 mph and encountering a pothole, the driver crashed into a pole. The air bags did not deploy. The driver sustained unknown injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Benson, NC, USA

Jul 152015

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle hydroplaned and crashed into a telephone pole. The air bags did not deploy. The contact required medical attention and suffered a forehead injury and a bloody nose. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 33,000.

- Middletown, NJ, USA

Mar 312013

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle lost power. In addition, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The contact was unsure about what part needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact stated that three years later, while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle began to independently slide to the right. As a result, the contact crashed into a pole and the air bags failed to deploy. The ABS and anti slide warning light illuminated. The contact did not sustain any injuries. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was taken to an auto body repair center for repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Jan 152015

Dart 4-cyl

I was rear-ended purposefully while traveling 55mph on a highway. The other driver rear-ended me, backed off, and then pushed me down the road. The airbag did not deploy and I suffered a neck and back injury. Now I see there is a recall (13V555000) which is a cause for faulty air bags, which my car was not put on the list as.

- Cold Brook, NY, USA

Sep 172014

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 20 mph, the engine rpms decreased and the vehicle started to jerk violently. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred whenever any electrical component was activated. Also, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently and the engine overheated while the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 16,500.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 062014

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. When the driver's seat was adjusted, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 11,000.

- Jackson, NJ, USA

Jul 152014

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated while driving at 65 mph, a deer came into the vehicle's path causing the contact to lose control of the vehicle and crash. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the back which required medical attention. The passenger did not sustain any injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Elmora, PA, USA

Nov 012013

Dart 4-cyl

The service airbag light in my vehicle goes on and off several times throughout each month. I have brought it into the dealer & they tried telling me it was because I probably have my purse on the passenger seat. I do not keep my purse on the passenger seat. Service airbag light comes on no matter if there is a passenger or not. Dealer could not find a fix for problem. Who knows if my airbags will even work if I happen to get into a crash.

- Britt, MN, USA

Nov 212013

Dart

I have had this vehicle about seven months and already have had to have the vehicle in twice for the service airbag system light on. The first time, they didn't really find anything wrong as the light was off by the time I got to the dealer. They advised me that they updated some computer system at that point. I had it in again in January for the same issue, and they couldn't figure out exactly what the problem was, but they went ahead and replaced the dash cluster thinking it would fix the issue. Not two weeks later, the light is back on. I have been advised that when the service airbag light is lit, the airbags will not deploy, therefore it is driving an unsafe vehicle.

- Columbia, MO, USA

May 152013

Dart

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the wiring harness would need to be replaced. After the repair was performed the failure continued. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 10,000.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Apr 162013

Dart 4-cyl

Air bag maintenance light remained on. First attempt to correct failed. Dealer is replacing module however there are other 2013 that have recalls for this module.

- Deland, FL, USA