Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The first year of the new Dodge Dart had a rough start, with owners reporting a disproportionate number of engine and transmission problems.

For transmission, the main complaints are transmission failure & rough shifting. So far, average mileage for transmission failure is 25,000 miles. Not good.

For engine problems, it usually starts with the engine light coming on for any number of reasons: bad sensors, ignition coil replacement, bad wiring, faulty gas cap ... dealers are replacing various components with varying degrees of success, or telling owners they can't duplicate the issue.

2013 Dodge Dart seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Dart:

2013 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Jun 232016

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. While driving approximately 50 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and failed to respond without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact also stated that the seat belt failed to retract. The front seat passenger's face struck the dashboard and the driver's face struck the steering wheel; however, medical attention was not needed. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 56,000.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the air bag warning and seat belt warning indicators illuminated. Additionally, the seat belt chime sounded while there was a passenger in the seat with the seat belt connected. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23,000. Updated 08/02/16 updated 08/10/16.

- Eastlake, OH, USA

Mar 202016

The car was in a bad accident 20 March 2016. The passenger seatbelt did not tighten and no airbags deployed possibly contributing to severe neck injury. This vehicle was traveling about 35 mph when a vehicle next to it traveling the same speed decided to make a U-turn in front of it on a city one-way road. Please investigate this asap before the car is dispositioned by the insurance.

- Cary, NC, USA

Aug 282015

The sensor light came on while I was driving with my father in the passenger side, and indicating that the seat belt is not buckled but it was, and the warning on the dash says air bag service deployed but the nothing came out, but I never hit anything, also the noise for the seat belt keeps going off as if the seat belt is not buckled when it is, I never had problem before with car its creepy and scared for my wife and father who sit iin the seat, please help me.

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Jun 092014

Dart 4-cyl

I was coming off the highway and was on the brake slowing my 2013 Dodge Dart from 65 to 40 then to 20 to take a sharp right turn, in the turn the string went dead and for a brief second was unable to turn almost causing an accident with another car and that was the second time that has happen the first was with my whole family, I was driving around in a parking lot. Also this car has an airbag light on for the passenger seat, the car over heats and the backup cam no longer works the battery is now dead and were unable to drive, were out of warranty by a little over 500 miles and the dealership will not fix the issue unless I pay more money to fix this paper weight. I can drive it after getting a jump but the electrical system fail to work the speedometer fades in and out and the gauge drops to 0mph. My car was sold to me after replacing a power control module and has been replaced a second time. This car is not worth the $21000 spent and I should be given back half of my money. My car still overheats after many dealership visits over just that very problem and every time I pick it up it seem like something new I was wrong (( !! I bought this car to travel back and forth monthly from san antonio to ft. Hood for my military obligations im a pissed a veteran who wants my car to work like it was advertised! because that is what I paid for!! ))

- San Antonio, TX, USA