2014 Dodge Dart body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Feb 202014

The panel that protects the underside of the front portion of the car rubs and detaches with contact with standard road objects (slopes, parking stumps, speed bumps, etc.). as a result the protective cover is destroyed and hangs beneath the car and causes a safety hazard to the driver and to other vehicles on the road. Possible safety hazards include but are not limited to: Flying debris on road way, excess exposure of car parts to roadway and weather elements, front bumper falling off, hoses on underside of car breaking from impact with road and more. Specifically, this happened to my car when I was entering a parking lot that has a slope and the front underside became loose. I believe the underside became loose because of the fiber glass fabric that keeps it in place which ripped (shown in pictures). It continued to occur each time I enter any parking lot that has a slope to enter and continually got worse.

- Miami, FL, USA

Mar 102016

At low speed ~15 mph, in my subdivision during a snowy evening I hit and object. No tire damage, however the lower control arm broke. After collecting the broken part and presenting to a material expert, the aluminum casting showed two casting defect at the breakage point. Raising concern of safety.

- Troy, MI, USA

Feb 142016

I was driving down a side street about 15 miles per hour I heard a noise and I suddenly could not steer, I was forced to hit a curb and the wheel caved in and the car had to be towed. My insurance will not pay for the control arm that broke stating Chrysler should pay for the defective part that caused the accident, Chrysler will not pay for the part either. This was not my fault and I need help the car was in motion as I was driving on a city side street.

- Toledo, OH, USA

Jun 072015

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving at 80 mph, the air conditioner foot well vent detached and became lodged underneath the brake and accelerator pedals. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was determined that the vent needed to be glued. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 12,500.

- Menifee, CA, USA

Oct 112014

Dart 4-cyl

Driving down the road went to turn left and the car said blinker out so turned off blinker pulled in the drive way and turned blinker back on and smoke was coming from the tail light opened the trunk and it was engulfed inflames.

- Klamath Falls , OR, USA

Jun 072014

Dart 4-cyl

Was traveling to work on the highway at approx 65 mph when I felt a vibration in my new car.over a short period of time the vibration grew to a very concerning level.I thought I may have a flat tire. I slowed down and was looking for a safe place to pull over. Within approx. 1 mile I was able to exit off the highway and as I did the left/front wheel came off the car and rolled down the street.the car was towed by aaa to a repair shop who found the other three wheel's lug bolts to be torqued to 40lbs.the book states the lug bolts need to be torqued to 92lbs. The wheels were never properly tightened from the factory and were not checked by the dealer as per the pre delivery inspection.I could have been killed because of this negligence. I have contacted Dodge customer relations and have not received any satisfaction.this vehicle is not safe to drive.

- Park Ridge, NJ, USA