2014 Dodge Dart engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 102015

I was at a complete stop, my foot was pushed down on the brake and it suddenly released from my foot followed by a whooshing sound. My brake system failed, and I had to use my emergency brake to stop my vehicle after I started driving it. I had it towed to a dealership and they diagnosed it as oil leaking from the engine into the brake booster. On 7/15/2015 my check engine light appeared, followed by the entire vehicle shaking uncontrollably. I turned the vehicle off, restated it and though the check engine light still appeared, the car no longer shook, and the check engine light went off a couple hours later. On 7/23/2015 the check engine light reappeared so I took it into the dealership where they are currently trying to diagnose what is wrong with it, but think it has a valve plugged or an engine problem. Both of these incidents occurred after I had an oil change completed on the vehicle.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Oct 012014

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the engine oil was depleting prematurely. The dealer stated that the engine motor failed. The dealer stated that the motor may need to be rebuilt. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA