2014 Dodge Dart engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 012015

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. While driving at approximately 50 mph, the vehicle stalled and the engine, battery, and stability control warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact mentioned there was a burning odor. The contact was able to pull over and the vehicle was restarted. The failure recurred on multiple attempts. The vehicle was taken to a dealer twice, where it was diagnosed but the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown. The VIN was not available.

- Danielsville, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Dart

In mid 2014, I was driving that year's model of a Chevy Dart, rented from enterprise while visiting friends in Arizona. Along hwy 17, the engine had shut off briefly. The interior electrical was still on, but power steering and brakes were gone. The exterior lights shut off, but I remember the cabin still had power because I quickly turned on the hazards. I believe it was a plastic turn-key, and it being reignited, that allowed me to regain control. It was a steep, windy road. It was about 10 at night and there was a lot of darkness without headlights.there was a big rig in the next lane in front of me, and heavy vehicles to the rear. It was definitely a close call.

- Granada Hills, CA, USA

Feb 172015

Dart

While driving I started to slow down to stop at a light and my car began to jump as if it was stailing. My car was brand new at purchasing and about four months in it began to sound louder as if it was a ten year old car. That occured when I crunk up the car to warm it up in the morning. Reading others experiences with this vehicle I believe it should be recalled for the safety of everyone before things get worse. An engine is nothing to take lightly and I hope the companies realize that.

- Hamlet, NC, USA

Jun 102013

Dart

While driving clutch will lose compression making it difficult to shift without grinding gears. Clutch will go all the way to the floor and inhibited you from shifting. I have had to shift into neutral to slow down hoping the clutch regains compression in order to shift into appropriate gear. This also inhibits proper acceleration when shifting gears.

- Cumberland, RI, USA

Jan 102015

Dart

I was at a complete stop, my foot was pushed down on the brake and it suddenly released from my foot followed by a whooshing sound. My brake system failed, and I had to use my emergency brake to stop my vehicle after I started driving it. I had it towed to a dealership and they diagnosed it as oil leaking from the engine into the brake booster. On 7/15/2015 my check engine light appeared, followed by the entire vehicle shaking uncontrollably. I turned the vehicle off, restated it and though the check engine light still appeared, the car no longer shook, and the check engine light went off a couple hours later. On 7/23/2015 the check engine light reappeared so I took it into the dealership where they are currently trying to diagnose what is wrong with it, but think it has a valve plugged or an engine problem. Both of these incidents occurred after I had an oil change completed on the vehicle.

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Oct 012014

Dart

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the engine oil was depleting prematurely. The dealer stated that the engine motor failed. The dealer stated that the motor may need to be rebuilt. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Philadelphia , PA, USA