2014 Dodge Dart engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Feb 182016

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that while at a stop light and attempting to accelerate, the vehicle failed to respond. The contact mentioned that the vehicle seemed as if it was in the park position. As a result, the another vehicle crashed into the rear of the vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. There were two injuries sustained during the crash. The contact sustained head injuries, and the driver of the other vehicle that crashed into the contact sustained neck and back injuries. Both injured required medical attention. The vehicle was towed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 29,800. The VIN was not available.

- Madison Lake, MN, USA

Dec 162015

The contact owns a 2014 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that after shifting into drive from park, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate. In addition, the vehicle suddenly jerked and accelerated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Jonesboro, AR, USA

Nov 012014

The vehicle has a manual transmission. My vehicle revs when attempting to shift it. The clutch will be completely up and the vehicle will still rev as if it is engaged. At this point there is nothing that can be done until it stops revving. It also grinds and clatters when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear. Very rough shifting and sometimes experience a burning smell after its driven.

- Winamac, IN, USA

Jul 102015

I purchased my Dodge Dart in Oct 2014. On July 10 2015 I got into my car and noticed the speedometer was not working. I returned home and called the dealer to get it to the shop. My appointment was for July 15 and I dropped it off the evening of the 14th. They called on the 16th of July to say my vehicle was ready and that they reprogrammed the computer. I was driving it the next day and the speedometer was not working again. I called the dealer and made them aware and took the car back to them. I also provided video to them showing the issue at hand. The dealer called on the 24th of July to say I could come and pick up my car until the part came in to repair my speedometer on August 5th. They told me they do not feel a speedometer that does not work is a safety concern.

- Highlands, TX, USA

Apr 052015

I bought and received a Dodge Dart SXT rallye in May 2014. This incident occurred just less than a year. I was driving down the highway at around 70 mph. All of a sudden, I was not able to gas the pedal in the middle of driving. Even shifting gears, I was not able to gas. After avoiding a couple of cars, I was able to park my car on the side of the road. The clutch, as I step on it, had no pressure. After getting it towed and it made its way to the dealership, I was told that I needed the clutch replaced and it was not under warranty..

- Hampton, VA, USA

Sep 152014

Dart 4-cyl

I purchased my vehicle in June 2014 with only 4 miles on it. The only minor problem I noticed after a few days' use is that sometimes it is very difficult to switch between gears - it's almost like you have to jerk it in order to move from one gear to the next. I didn't think this was a major issue so I didn't think anything of it though the problem persists from time to time. The major issue is the following: Around mid-September 2014, I was driving to work in the morning, at approximately 35 mph. At one point, the vehicle accelerated itself. There were no vehicles in front of me so nothing happened. I immediately pressed on the brake pedal until I came to a full stop pulling over on the right. I turned off the vehicle and restarted it. I drove to work and the vehicle worked fine this time. It was a very scary situation because I was afraid it would happen again. I have never had any issues with vehicles and thinking that it was probably a one-time incident, I never contacted the retailer nor the manufacturer of the vehicle. The problem has since then occurred three or four times after that. The last time it occurred was early March 2015. I was on the same road I was when it first happened, driving approximately at the same speed, when the car abruptly accelerated. I always leave enough space between me and the car in front of me so thankfully I was able to brake and come to a full stop. My passenger saw what had transpired and advised me to immediately take my vehicle to the retailer so they can have it looked at. My vehicle has roughly 8,300 miles on it because I just drive to work and back, school and back and groceries, and all places are within 5 and 25 minutes from me. I always obey speed limits and evade highways because I never know if and when the problem will happen again, so I feel unsafe driving the vehicle.

- Laurel, MD, USA