2014 Dodge Dart miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Oct 212016

Dart

Driving down the road, car shuts off. Pull to side of the road. Smoke coming from under the hood, so I open the hood and flames. Fire department had to put it out total loss. This has happened to several of these cars, one young girl almost didn't get out in time. I hate to think if you had kids in the back in car seats if you could get them out in time. These cars burn up quickly. The insurance and the dealership told us its a manufacturers problem. Chrysler has given us the run around for 3 weeks now. They sent out an inspector and he wouldn't give me any information. Now I keep getting an answer machine. I will send you our pictures. These are web-sites where people have reported this problem. We haven't put our incident on there yet. I wonder how many people haven't? read this guys story. www.carcomplaints.com/Dodge/Dart/2014/engine/engine_fire.shtml this girl almost didn't make it out. www-ODI.NHTSA.dot.gov crash:no fire:yes number of injuries:0 number of deaths:0 manufacturer: Chrysler (fca us llc) vehicle identification no. (VIN): 1C3cdfbb2ed... summary: Our daughter was driving our three-week-old Dodge Dart. It began smoking as she exited the highway and, within seconds, she lost her ability to brake and steer. The car was completely engulfed in flames within 1-2 minutes and is a total loss. She was able to get out without physical injury but was extremely shaken. The fire department put out the fire. We can provide pictures of the fire, showing the flames shooting many feet into the air and the car encased in smoke.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Feb 202014

Dart

The panel that protects the underside of the front portion of the car rubs and detaches with contact with standard road objects (slopes, parking stumps, speed bumps, etc.). as a result the protective cover is destroyed and hangs beneath the car and causes a safety hazard to the driver and to other vehicles on the road. Possible safety hazards include but are not limited to: Flying debris on road way, excess exposure of car parts to roadway and weather elements, front bumper falling off, hoses on underside of car breaking from impact with road and more. Specifically, this happened to my car when I was entering a parking lot that has a slope and the front underside became loose. I believe the underside became loose because of the fiber glass fabric that keeps it in place which ripped (shown in pictures). It continued to occur each time I enter any parking lot that has a slope to enter and continually got worse.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 012016

Dart

Brakes don't seem to be working properly. I have contacted the local dealer and they stated they don't have the repair for the recall although they know it's a problem?

- Monticello, MN, USA

Mar 252016

Dart

Driver's side rear wheel bearing shot after 39,000 miles. Loud humming noise when driving on the highway at first. I drove on it for a couple weeks and the noise got louder. I jacked the car up one day and the wheel wiggled a pretty significant amount. Replaced both rear bearings in my driveway after calling the dealership and having them tell me the parts were not going to be covered under warranty.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

Mar 182016

Dart

While driving my 2014 Dodge Dart 2.4 tigershark engine, the vehicle shut off. The battery indicator light came on all electronics inside the car were still operative. I had a wrecker take the car to the dealership. Diagnostic test showed lost communication with the body control module. Looked at oil and it was low. I was told by auto technican that the auto shuts it's self off when it is low on oil. This is a very alarming situation if it would shut off while driving on the freeway in traffic I called Chrysler and reported this. The call center stated that she had 2 people call the day before and 3 on the day I called with the exact problem. She said all the cars had over 20,000 miles on them.

- Flatwoods, KY, USA

Jan 042016

Dart

IżM experiencing lost of engine torque when shifting on first gear due to clutch operation components parts not working properly. In one occasion I was making a right turn into the intersection, when I engaged first gear and try to shift to second gear the clutch wouldnżT disengage or come back to at-rest position. It felt like air got into the hydraulic system making a loose clutch line connection during the release of the clutch, after I hit the pedal with my foot a few times I was able to make the clutch pedal to come back to at-rest position. This was a very scary experience since my kids were riding with me.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Nov 012014

Dart

The vehicle has a manual transmission. My vehicle revs when attempting to shift it. The clutch will be completely up and the vehicle will still rev as if it is engaged. At this point there is nothing that can be done until it stops revving. It also grinds and clatters when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear. Very rough shifting and sometimes experience a burning smell after its driven.

- Winamac, IN, USA

Apr 082015

Dart

July 14th 2014 I bought a Dodge Dart VIN 1C3cdfeb3rd63413. The car was properly maintained. Did not have problems with the car. While driving on May 8th 2015. On I-75 going about 70 miles per hour with thick flow of traffic. I heard and felt something crack on the front driver side of my car, under my feet. The car immediately pulled left and hit a concrete barrier wall. The car then bounced off a Toyota prius. I landed in the ditch on the right side of the highway mile marker 299 in pasco county Florida. My first complaint is whatever broke to cause the accident. Which I cannot be specific about because I don't know if it was the axel or what yet. Taking note that no one was hurt. My second complaint is that not one of my 6 "advanced"safety airbags deployed in my cab after hitting two objects at that speed. As to why I do not know what broke yet. I called for Dodge roadside service, I was picked up and rode with my car to the nearest Dodge dealership. Jim browne citrus Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, in dade city. This dealership did not have a body shop. I was told by the manager at the dealership my car would be towed to the body shop they used. As my car was under warranty and the accident report reflects mechanical error. After this day I would not see or know where my vehicle was for 46 days when the towing company called me about storage fees for my car that we couldn't locate.

- Leesburg, FL, USA