2014 Dodge Dart wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Dodge Dart:

2014 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Oct 042016

Dart

Takata recall this 2014 Dodge Dart aero has now had multiple problems with the clutch and axles. It is currently in the shop to have the slave cylinder for the clutch as well as the axles fixed for the second time in 2 years. They are also in the process of checking in to why the check engine light came on for the mass air flow sensor. This makes 2 times that it has gone to the shop for clutch and axle issues. They also don't know what the real problem is for the check engine light. I have asked them to buy the car back and they wont. They also stated that I may be having to pay some out of pocket to get my car fixed this time. This car is nothing but problems. Like I mentioned before; twice for the clutch and axles, the engine light is on for a reason they don't know other that they think it is the mass air flow sensor, the third time I took it to Dodge for an oil change they told me that no oil came out of the engine and then tried to explain to me that my engine was "known" to do that. Now I have just gotten off the phone with the manufacturer customer service and they replied with they will cover all the costs except for $100. Seems kind of odd to settle on that amount. Plus they wont buy it back. Therefore, this car is known to have clutch and engine problems and Dodge expects me to drive around not having to worry about if my life is at risk. I should also mention that the tires that came on the car were faulty as well as I had to replace two of them already. The bands on the inside of the tire came loose and caused problems with the driving as well. This is junker car that I purchased new and Dodge could care less that it is falling apart.

- Kyle, TX, USA

Sep 142016

Dart

I have had 2 tires with sidewall blowouts of the kuhmo solus kh 25/ 205/55/R16 tires that came on my (new from the dealership)  2014 Dodge Dart. The first at unknown miles. Was as I was accelerating from a stop sign.  the second at 30,286 miles.  the second blowout was after the car was parked for a significant amount of time, sounded like a shotgun blast and blew a hole in the skirting on my house. Other tires from the solus KH25 series have been recalled with the same sidewall problem.

- Brownstown, MI, USA

Mar 252016

Dart

Driver's side rear wheel bearing shot after 39,000 miles. Loud humming noise when driving on the highway at first. I drove on it for a couple weeks and the noise got louder. I jacked the car up one day and the wheel wiggled a pretty significant amount. Replaced both rear bearings in my driveway after calling the dealership and having them tell me the parts were not going to be covered under warranty.

- Chagrin Falls, OH, USA

Jun 252015

Dart 4-cyl

While driving on a local street (under 30 miles an hour), I lost control of my vehicle and the tire exploded. I tried to regain control and the car jumped the curb. My daughters and I was shaken up really bad. Had I been on the high way it would have been a completely different story. I have the dealership investigating it now.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Nov 182014

Dart 4-cyl

The front right tire developed a large bubble in the sidewall with no indication of impact damage. Was replaced out of pocket after two Chrysler dealerships said Chrysler would not cover the tire no matter what. I still have the defective tire and the dot numbers if requested. It was a kumho solus 225/55/17.

- Fargo, ND, USA

Dec 312014

Dart

I was driving in my 2014 Dodge Dart that was purchased in June of 2014 and I went over a pothole in the road by my house. The tire pressure sensor light came on and said the tire had 10 pounds of pressure in it. I thought the pothole blew the tire. I got the car home and took the week off to bring to the tire shop and that is when I noticed the wheel had been damaged. It is an aluminum alloy wheel that is 6 months old and has less than 4000 miles on it. I believe there could possibly be a defect with the aluminum used to manufacture the wheel. I have pictures of the pothole and the wheel and I still have the wheel.

- Fridley, MN, USA

Nov 062013

Dart 4-cyl

My son was involved in an accident November 06, 2013. My son was exiting when he stated he felt tire fell, his car flipped front to end 3X, and then hitting a pole, this causing him to be ejected 100 feet and landing on a grassy median. My son was pronounced dead at the scene, but paramedics were able to revive him. My son was on life support and had to go through a lot and is now okay... during this time we also learned that none of the air-bags he had in the car deployed... the car is equipped with 12-14 air bags... if you need more information please feel free to contact me. I have not been able to resolve this, can you please help...updated 11/18/14 updated 8/12/2015

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 072014

Dart 4-cyl

Was traveling to work on the highway at approx 65 mph when I felt a vibration in my new car.over a short period of time the vibration grew to a very concerning level.I thought I may have a flat tire. I slowed down and was looking for a safe place to pull over. Within approx. 1 mile I was able to exit off the highway and as I did the left/front wheel came off the car and rolled down the street.the car was towed by aaa to a repair shop who found the other three wheel's lug bolts to be torqued to 40lbs.the book states the lug bolts need to be torqued to 92lbs. The wheels were never properly tightened from the factory and were not checked by the dealer as per the pre delivery inspection.I could have been killed because of this negligence. I have contacted Dodge customer relations and have not received any satisfaction.this vehicle is not safe to drive.

- Park Ridge, NJ, USA