2015 Dodge Dart electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Nov 072016

Dart

The car shuts off while I am driving-shuts off at stop sign, traffic light, or if I am turning in.

- Zwolle, LA, USA

Nov 012016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was coasted off the roadway and various warning indicators and gauges flickered upon the vehicle shutting down. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The dealer flashed the software for the PCM, replaced a module, and reprogrammed the module. After the dealer's repair, the condition continued with the vehicle stalling. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 39,693.

- Spring Grove, IL, USA

Sep 112016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving various speeds, the instrument panel lighting turned off. The contact also stated that the vehicle was not shifting properly. The dealer stated that there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Tillamook, OR, USA

Feb 042016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving 15 mph, the vehicle lost power. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Montrose, IA, USA

Oct 102015

Dart 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving 70 mph, the dome light, cruise control, and instrument cluster failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the cruise control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The cruise control was replaced on two previous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 14,000. Updated 06/14/16 the consumer stated the interior and exterior lights did not work

- Twin Falls, ID, USA

Jan 172016

Dart

Unexpectedly loss motive power resulted in a crash.

- Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 092016

Dart

Saturday January 9 2016 - hertz rental car - daytime light foggy conditions. Vehicle had been running since 09:35 edt with no similar incident. Incident 1 - driving interstate 79 nb in a descending right right turn with cruise control set to maintain speed limit. Applied brakes at the bottom of the curve due to slower traffic. All electrical including engine quit operating at approximately 13:35 edt. Was able to safely pull off roadway without turn signals (also inop). A short investigation showed the ignition switch was in the "off" position. Vehicle readily restarted with transmission in "park" position (not "neutral"). incident 2 - at approximately 17:25 edt I exited interstate 376 eb onto a upwardly inclined surface road waiting at a stop sign, all electrical power and engine quit operating. The ignition switch was discovered to be in the "off" position again. Vehicle restarted with no trouble, with transmission in "park" position. The vehicle was driven to its vacation destination in beaver county Pennsylvania and then returned to its origin at the raleigh-durham airport without further incident on Friday evening 15 January 2016. My investigation suggests the combination of the rental company tightly tying the two vehicle keys together and the low close proximity of the ignition switch to the driver's knee and the very light forces needed to turn the key and the lack of a positive "detent" when the key is in any position seems to encourage the driver from accidentally applying enough force on the unused and hanging key to turn the ignition to the "off" position. Subsequently I consciously avoided moving my knee anywhere near the lower dash panel and did not have another occurrence of the two incidents.. this seems to be similar to NHTSA id# 10806589.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Sep 192015

Dart

While driving on the freeway for about 10 minutes, I noticed the tach was approaching redline and discovered the car had gone into neutral but shift lever was in drive. I pull onto the shoulder and after stopping, placed shift lever into park. Revved the engine a couple of times and transmission went into gear with no other problems. This has occurred only once. I have been informed that this vehicle is being recalled by Chrysler for a similar issue. I have not been contacted by Chrysler as of yet.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Sep 132015

Dart

While driving down the highway with cruise control set I hit a bump and the cruise control shut completely off wasn't even turned on anymore

- Mcarthur, OH, USA

Aug 242015

Dart

Driving at approx. 20 mph, getting ready to make a right turn into a parking lot, battery light illuminated, instrument panel went black, total loss of electrical power and steering. Coasted into a parking space and returned to car in about 20 minutes. Car started and acted normal. Next incident was about 35 miles later driving about 35 mph in a residential area. Same senario, battery light illuminated black panel and loss of steering. Took 10 minutes for car to regain power and start. Third episode at about 45 mph, battery light flashed, I shoved shift into neutral, panel remained lit, but no RPM so engine had quit. I pushed start button, engine restarted and I put shift lever into drive. Took to dealer but no codes. This car is dangerous but issue cannot be duplicated at the dealership because it is intermittent. I am trying to get Chrysler to repurchase this death trap.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Jun 082015

Dart

My gas says empty after I fill it and than 10 min into driving its full my controlls go haywire I am going 65mph all of a sudden I am going 5 mph and everything turns off on the panel, my engine make a loud noise after driving it for a while. My brakes make a plong sound everytime I step on them to put in drive or reverse

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jan 022015

Dart

While driving in the morning in a neighborhood speed limit of 30, I decrease speed to come to a full stop and suddenly the vehicle shuts off engine power and power steering at approximately 10mph. Vehicle was unable to start until the 3rd attempt. Had the vehicle towed to dealer and they were unable to diagnose the issue until the vehicle stalled the 2nd time. They updated PCM/tcm, but still had stalling issues. This vehicle had stalled over 5 times and the dealer were not able to pin point the issue. My vehicle is now at approximately 15,400 miles. I feel like I'm on the edge and unsafe every time I get behind the wheel. Also had trouble with the automatic headlights not turning on and as well as the rear passenger windows not closing.

- Pico Rivera, CA, USA

May 062015

Dart

As I was driving, I slowed and braked for other vehicles at a traffic light. As I started to re-accelorate, I realized the car had stalled. When I got the car re-started, it was running very rough and the check engine, the traction control and the cruise control lights were all lit and/or flashing. After I got home, I decided to take it back to the dealer. This time, the car drove fairly normally with only the check engine light on. This is the third time this has happened in only 3600 miles. (the first time was at approx. 280 miles and the second time was at about 500 miles.) the dealer's service writer implied since this car has an electronic throttle control, it was my driving style at fault. I have driven several other cars with electronic throttles for several years (my previous car had 120,000 miles on it) and this is the only time anything like this has happened.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Jan 292015

Dart 4-cyl

Vehicle had a defective, broken clasp spring which could have allowed the air bag to deploy at any time while driving....causing serious injury or death to the driver, passengers and all others in the path of the vehicle driving California highways. The vehicle was defective from the moment it was driven off of the car lot.

- Pasadena, CA, USA