5.5

2015 Dodge Dart engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

Jan 132017

Dart

My car keeps cutting off while I'm driving. The batter light comes on without any warning. After the batter light comes on the only thing I can do is steer, the car starts to slow down, I can't excel at all, raido and all lights cut off as well. Once the car comes to a complete stop, I'll start it back up sometimes it'll start right back up, or I'll have to hold the key down a few seconds for it to start. The car have stopped on me while driving move than 5 times. I took it to the dealership where I purchased the car and the first few time they said after they ran all of the test they couldn't get the vehicle to duplicate the problem. Another time they asked could they keep the vehicle over night and have a mechanic drive the car home and back to work. The next day when I went to go pick up my vehicle they said they kinda-sorta got the car to duplicate the problem those were there exact words. Then they put a monitor in my car they told me to press the button while I was driving if the car was to go out so they can record the problem. The monitor was in my car for about a month and my car didn't duplicate the problem. A few weeks after they took the monitor out my car cut off on me again and took it back to the shop and they ran the same test and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Another time my car went off I toom it back to the shop and it just so happened that my car was halfway empty on oil and they're telling me that my car is cutting off because it needs oil and they were going to monitor the oil. So they sent me back on the road and told me to come back when my car got to a certain amount of miles they had wrote down, when my car got to that amount of miles that they have wrote down I took my car back to the dealership and I told him to tell me if I needed an oil change and they told me I didnt. The car cut off when I was on the highway and on

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Nov 072016

Dart

The car shuts off while I am driving-shuts off at stop sign, traffic light, or if I am turning in.

- Zwolle, LA, USA

Oct 292016

Dart

The contact owns a 2015 Dodge Dart. While driving 25 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently. Prior to the failure, the vehicle did not respond when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The dealer stated that, due to a low battery, the electronic throttle caused the vehicle to accelerate independently. The battery was replaced, but the contact was concerned that the failure could recur. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000. The VIN was not available.

- Red Springs, NC, USA

Apr 112016

Dart

My car has 1550 miles on it. It was parked in my car port with shift in park. I started the car as normal. The car was idling at 750rpm then after about one minute the engine roared to 5000rpm for about 10 seconds and then returned to normal 750rpm. My foot was not touching or near the accelerator pedal during this time. Had I been backing out of the car port during this period the results would no doubt have been serious. Although it has not repeated in the three days following the incident, nevertheless it worries me that it might happen while in gear resulting in an accident.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jan 262016

Dart

RPM to high my car jerk I had to press on brakes

- Metairie, LA, USA