2015 Dodge Dart wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Dodge Dart:

2015 Dodge Dart Owner Comments

May 152016

Driving home from my parents house maybe a mile away from home air pressure gauge light illuminated we live less than a mile away from local gas station that has air pump. We drove my wife and three kids to the gas station to get air in the deflated tired as soon as the light illuminated. As we approached the gas station literally 150 ft away, the car starts to shake and rumble on the drivers side left tire. Just had the car at the dealer last Saturday with no mention of issues with the tires. Upon inspection the sidewall of the kumho KH25 tires was cracking. Upon further inspection you can see noticeable wear on the side walls of the other tires. Car started to rumble for another 20-30 feet before we were able to pull over to the side of the road and evaluate. This is pretty unacceptable to me kuhmo tires have apparently had a pretty bad reputation here in the us why are manufactures still using this company"!"! this is a daily driver I am on the same roads constantly the only variant is one set of tracks that I travel over once a week...there is no way this was caused from normal wear and tear on a car that has 9K miles on it.

- Kuna, ID, USA

Mar 282016

2015 Dodge Dart refused pa. State inspection due to faulty yokohama S34 225/4018 tire (bulge on sidewall). Car is new with 2,100 miles and came with said tires on it. Informed tires have weak sidewalls, but still defect had to be listed as road hazard, no marks or damage to wheel or tire and wasn't broken down for examination. We have to pay $200 for new tire. Contacted yokohama was told what ever dealer says is law, they do not confirm defects, nor do they care about doing such.

- Tunkhannock, PA, USA

Oct 242015

Tires always low. I have replaced all my tires and some more then once. I tried avoiding drain because cover was missing and hit a bump car bounced out of control and hit uncovered drain anyway. Had to file insurance claim had almost $3,000 in damages. I hate my car.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Feb 162015

I was driving down the road, at night, which had a speed limit marked at 25 miles per hour. There were a couple of potholes that I noticed so I decreased my speed and was going between 15 and 20 miles per hour trying to avoid any that I saw. I ended up hitting one which was unavoidable, and hard to see since the incident occurred at night; I was going approx. 20 miles per hour (5 under the recommended speed). When the car hit the pothole the front passenger tire popped, the dealership said the sidewall had been blown out. About a month later the same tire had a sidewall blowout again after hitting a pothole, once again at night time while going 35 miles per hour on a road that was marked 35 miles per hour, the rim was also damaged in this incident. Another incident recently happened earlier in June 2015 where I was merging into traffic and driving approx. 35 miles per hour and when I turned my head back around the pothole had already been unavoidable, this time it was the front driver side tire. This rim was also damaged during the incident, and a week after I received my car back from the dealership I was driving down the road and then my tire pressure sensor on the front driver side had went out. I had not hit any holes, I was just casually driving down a main road while on my way to work. The car was purchased in late January 2015, and I have been driving down the same roads as my old car which was a 2000 Honda Accord and have never had any blowouts or incidents with the Honda, yet this 2015 Dodge Dart has a blowout with the slightest pothole encounter.

- North Canton, OH, USA

Jun 252015

I was driving to work and my steering axel on the right hand front tire broke in half. I thought that I hit a pot hole but there was no pot hole. I called the dealer and they did not want to fix it. I called the Chrysler company and they stated there wasn't any recalls. I find it a little wired that there was I didn't get a flat tire the axel just broke.

- Hollister, CA, USA